• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5-6200 CL36 - CMT32GX5M2X6200C36

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good to know. I’m sure I can get 6800 stable too but I’m happy at 6600 atm. I’ve put both sticks through their paces now and it’s solid with mem temps below 55c @ 1.45v cl32. I’m throwing another fan in the case today too, see if I can get back under 50c.

… my new challenge is finding a Gigabyte RTX 3090 Bios for either the vision, eagle or gaming series that has a bios with resizable bar enabled and a power limit above 350W. It seems Gigabyte decided to lower the TDP after adding resizable bar for some reason.

Last edited:
Today I moved Dominators to my small ITX box (RAM is quite tall and it barely fits) and temps in memtest are about 10C lower than on G.Skill 6400 kit. It just passed memtest @6600 1.55V and max temps were 67C. I'm checking how high I can set voltages before it starts showing errors.

1649504455051.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like Gigabyte forgot about us... I'm considering replacing my Z690 Aorus Master but I was wondering which board would be a suitable replacement? I think I'm done with Gigabyte for the foreseeable future...

What's wrong with the Master that you're replacing it? Still can't reach the memory speeds? I see they haven't released a BIOS for it since March.

With the new board, I take it you just want to run all your memory at speed, right? 4 sticks, 6200?

Last edited:
What's wrong with the Master that you're replacing it? Still can't reach the memory speeds? I see they haven't released a BIOS for it since March.

With the new board, I take it you just want to run all your memory at speed, right? 4 sticks, 6200?
I wish it was just one thing;

1) 10GBe nic randomly disappears. Need to do a cmos clear to make it come back.
2) Some of the NVME slots don't operate at the given speed of the drive (even when following the manual guidance for selection)
3) Gigabyte support take no ownership and also removed their cross shipping options.
4) 6200 doesn't boot with 2 or 4 sticks at the speed capable
5) Some random post issues with the Corsair H170i LCD where if I turn the PC off to switch it back on I need nearly 15 attempts so it won't error the pump.

All in all I'm done with Gigabyte.

Well, maybe @Woomack can shed some light here, but I think it's going to be difficult on many boards to reach 6200 with 64GB/4 sticks. But if anyone knows which will do that, it's him.

As far as your other troubles, no clue... just sounds like bum hardware... which happens (I'm not a fan of swearing off brands for a bad apple). Get another board, RMA this one, sell the new one and move on.

As far as comparables (this is a thread about RAM, so I'll be quick...), the Hero and Strix-F are solid and should have plenty of NVMe options, so is the Taichi from ASRock, Unify board from MSI, all around that price point. If you want to grind out some details, I'll be happy to split the thread off. :)

@TristianX
  • There is no Z690 motherboard with guaranteed 4-stick support above 5600. Most don't even have that. Gigabyte Z690 Master has max 4800 in 4 slots on the QVL, so hard to say if they tested more.
  • If you have problems with LAN like randomly disappearing then it can be faulty NIC -> RMA.
  • If you have problems with M.2 sockets speed then check if you are not using other devices on the shared PCIe lanes. If you aren't then -> RMA. If you expect the fastest NVMe SSD to run at 7400MB/s then it's a problem of all Z690 motherboards as they can't make more than 7000-7100MB/s. It works at 7400MB/s+ only on AMD right now.
  • There is no Corsair 6200 kit on the QVL, so support will tell you it's not guaranteed it will work. In this way they are "protecting" themselves from RMA. What is even more annoying is that most kits on the QVL were never released in retail and almost all 6200+ are only pre-release test versions. MSI support told me that if I prove them that I have 6600+ kit and it doesn't work on Z690 Unify-X at 6600-6800 then they will replace the motherboard. There are no 6600+ kits in stores at all, so how can I prove it? On the other hand, support can't prove that the motherboard works without issues as they don't have 6600+ kits too. This is a ridiculous situation.

Every motherboard that I can recommend and for sure supports 6200-6800 memory kits is 2-slot. I know that almost all ASRock motherboards have problems with 6200+, most Gigabyte, and most ASUS. MSI surprisingly can't make 6800+ on their Unify-X but even cheaper motherboards run at 6400.
Gigabyte Tachyon supposed to be tested for 7000, like every motherboard is tested for 7000 before it goes to stores (not sure if it's true but I saw that info somewhere posted by someone who works with Gigabyte). My Tachyon was working at 7000 for the first week, later had problems with booting.

It's like I can recommend only "lesser evil" as every motherboard will lack the features or won't support 4 memory sticks or won't run at higher RAM clock. Gigabyte Master is one of the best equipped Z690 motherboards as there is nothing at a similar price with 10GbE LAN or 5x M.2 sockets on the PCB. I also find audio very good. It "only" has that RAM support problem.

I will only add that my Z690 Master runs in my gaming PC with the 6200 Dominator kit at 6000, just because after retraining (simply after I turn off and turn on the PC) it sometimes has stability problems. With V-Color 6200 kit was almost the same. It was working stable or couldn't boot at all.

Gigabyte didn't forget about us. The same as every single brand, they are probably working on Z790 and AM5 motherboards already. The same ASUS, MSI and others have no new BIOS releases since ~April. There are only some beta versions for OC of the "special" OC motherboards like Apex, Unify-X, Tachyon etc.

In short, I would RMA your motherboard and later sell it and replace with something else, but I would read some reviews or user comments to be sure that the features you want/need are working.

I saw that some days ago but I'm too lazy to set everything in BIOS again and the PC is working 24/7.
I wonder why they released nothing for 4 months, even though they had multiple versions between F8e and F20a. Probably all were not stable for a public release or were causing other problems. Another thing is that everything with letters is a beta BIOS. The last non-beta was F7.

Yes, but look how many numbers are between the last one and the one with new CPUs support ... and there are also letters next to each number so can count maybe 50 versions (?!).
As I said some time ago, new motherboards have BIOS improvements for 3-5 months and next are new microcodes so new CPU support. That's why I wonder what was between F8e and F20a. It suggests that Gigabyte was working on something significant but failed so much that they didn't want to release it in public ;)

I know... was just stating what it's for. ;)

You'll see most (all?) z690/b660/h610 get this update. If it's a normal board, there's always that gap between a spate of several releases from laumch then nothing... then new processors and and update.

Aorus Z690 Master F20a bios out

This thread is in big part about the BIOS for the Z690 Master but well ... here are update notes for the official F8 version (it's up on the product support page):
  1. Checksum : 6B75
  2. Supports and powers up Intel next generation processor
  3. Include Intel® Core™ i9-12900KS Processor support
  4. Improve compatibility for DDR5 5600MHz 8G
  5. Improve compatibility for DDR5 6000MHz 16G
  6. Improve compatibility for DDR5 5600~6400 MHz
  7. Improve Kingston 8G/32G DDR5 issue
  8. Improve Gskill 6000 DDR5 issue
I won't be following it anymore as I sold my Z690 Master and the Corsair RAM was sold too. Soon will be published a Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6600 review and some more.

It's just funny how they went up to F20a beta to release the F8 official version and the update notes include only things improved over half a year ago and the new CPU support.

Hey guys, I have the same memory at default xmp settings and my latency is much higher. Any ideas as to how to fix this?

O3WtsddT_t.jpg

Please host your image here at the site...eventually that image will be inaccessible using 3rd party hosts like that...

In seeing your screenshot, are your sticks in the right slots? Not sure if that has anything to do with latency, but it should be in slot A2/B2.... I'm not sure how to read Hwinfo, but it seems like you're in slots 1/3 instead of 2/4. Confirm the right slots with your manual.

Also, try updating the BIOS. There's a beta BIOS out for your board that 'improves memory performance'. The OP is also using a different motherboard, different gen, so it's tough to compare 1:1.

Last edited:
I can't even see everything that is on the screenshot.

This memory uses Hynix M-die IC, so please check our other reviews with this IC, as the settings should be similar.
The easiest way is to use profiles from ASUS/MSI motherboards. I can't see what motherboard is in use, but I guess it's ASRock (my visible window ends on ASR).

In all these reviews was the same Hynix M-die, so maybe you find some answers:

Also, most DDR5 kits on my reviews list use Hynix M-die - https://www.overclockers.com/forums/threads/woomacks-memory-test-list.732290/

There are screenshots with timing tables.
The most significant difference makes tREFI - affects both latency and bandwidth. Higher is better, so try it at max possible, and maybe it will work. If not, then set something around 120k (some motherboards have a 65k limit, and you won't set more). There are many other timings, but it will be easier for you to just check screenshots in reviews (pages at the end with overclocking results).

You guys think any improvement gaming 64gb vs 32gb? Have had 64GB for years for giggles but do I go 32GB and 6200+ speed or 64GB @5600

Back