• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shame on you Dell!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avro

not a big loss but... dell stole my ram! i had recently sent my laptop in to be repaired. It had been dropped by a friend which cracked the plastic connecting the lcd to the body. so i get it back today look at the list of things replaced:
lcd cover...check
lcd bezel...check
palmrest...check
memory....check (huh?:screwy:)
so i open up the back and sure enough dell replaced my cheap kingston value ram (3gigs) with their cheap samsung/netlist(??) ram (3gigs).

thought i would share thought this was kind of funny/odd that the tech replaced the ram

not a big loss but... dell stole my ram! i had recently sent my laptop in to be repaired. It had been dropped by a friend which cracked the plastic connecting the lcd to the body. so i get it back today look at the list of things replaced:
lcd cover...check
lcd bezel...check
palmrest...check
memory....check (huh?:screwy:)
so i open up the back and sure enough dell replaced my cheap kingston value ram (3gigs) with their cheap samsung/netlist(??) ram (3gigs).

thought i would share thought this was kind of funny/odd that the tech replaced the ram

Is it worse performing? Maybe he snuck you in an upgrade?

Ya sure they didn't just toss your hard drive in a different machine and send it out, rather than actually repair yours?

They replaced it with the stock RAM? I see how you can count that as "stealing" but they basically restored it to stock for you.

If you check their RMA/repair, I'm sure it will say to not include any extras (cables, parts and usually RAM). I'm going with the "they pulled the drive" theory though. Much better to get a new system to the customer and troubleshoot the computer after that one goes out; customer is none the wiser and is happy they got it "fixed" quickly.

it is still the same computer still has the same little scratch at the back, i took out the hard drive before i sent it in

Back