• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eergh! Mach II GT software and Win Vista x64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exempt

I can't imagine I'm doing something wrong here, but Ive downloaded the last copy of the mach II software, and I plug the mach II gt unit into my mobo, it recognizes it but when it asks for drivers I point to the correct, folder but nothing happens. I only wanted to run the software because the fans are stuck in the lowest speed setting. So I decided to bypass the lame control software, and hard wire the fans into a fan controller, but that just blew the mach II fuse for some reason (the fans were not connected to the unit in any way whatsoever!) . I remember I had problems with my Vapochill LS and the software not always controlling the fans, I ended up just throwing a relay switch on it instead, I didnt want to have to do this again ! :( Anyone have a mach II gt with the software running correctly on Vista x64?

Still havent got my computer to successfully install the drivers, meaning the front and rear fans for the mach II gt are on auto :( , and adding a relay just blew the fuse over and over!

The software for the Mach2 dosn't work with Vista, even if you try installing it in XP mode.
The only way to use it is with XP. I get round it by having a spare HD with XP on it, just plug it in and boot from it to adjust the fans.

I bet I could get it to work on 32bit Vista...64bit I don't think you're gonna have much luck with.

does the mach2 use a usb interface? could you not use virtual pc, tie the usb device into the VM... the VM being xp and sorted? apart from the overheads

Back