• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel d945gnt problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KaiPLN

Fellas I have a problem with my friends intel d945gnt board it doesnt wanna turn on not even a little budge from the fans BUT the little green light is still on...
I checked the power supply and its all good but still have no idea why its like that because it was working 5 mins before..
here the funny part: when I took off the stock heatsink there was no paste on the cpu at all just metal to metal contact from which
I had a good laugh because thats the second time I saw something like that and my friend bought the computer from someone else..
Any ideas???

Well redo the thermal paste obviously...how did you check the power supply? Have you cleared cmos? Tried one stick of ram?

Did all of those things yesterday and it still doesnt wanna turn on i checked the power supply on my pc and hooked up my power supply to the board and still nothing im thinking its dead but nothing fried on it its like the power on switch doesnt work but I checked it without the switch and still nothing....

Do you get beep codes without any ram installed? Tried it with a different videocard or without a videocard?

I think you misunderstood me its in standby mode its not like i get no video signal or it turns on at all just get the little led on as in power get to the board but it doesnt wanna turn on at all....no fans no nothing not even a boot screen and I know it was working because I was doing a fresh vista install on it yesterday

Right...that's why I'm trying to determine if its a dead board or something else. Obviously its not in standby or sleep if it won't power on.

Back