• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confirmed boards with LOTES

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

Let's put together a list of Socket 1156 boards that have confirmed LOTES branded sockets. For those of us with water cooling, this can make or break whether or not a board can be used by us for extreme overclocking. Almost every board I'd of considered for one reason or another has been shot down because it uses a foxconn socket which have known issues. And knowing this matters to me, it will matter to others, so let's get a list together because I can't find one anywhere else!

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3661

Please read the article at the above link for more info...

This will not effect moderate overclocking, but can be a factor if you're buying a new p55 board and I myself want to make sure I pick up a board with a known better socket.

That Anandtech article is so irritating, this is being blown way out of proporion. If you're water cooling (thus not doing any extreme overclocking), you probably don't have to worry about your socket burning up. The pictures at Anandtech are of a CPU overclocked to 5.1ghz+.

There's no reason to go out of your way to avoid Foxconn sockets if you're not doing any REAL extreme overclocking.

Worth reading: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=6295872#post6295872

Apparently Lotes sockets blow up too, but there's no doubting that lotes sockets are built better, and seem to be experiencing the issues LESS.

Here is the list so far -

eVGA:
P55 SLI (per newegg pix) *sample I recieved did NOT have a LOTES brand socket, had a foxconn socket. be advised *
P55 SLI FTW
(per newegg pix)
P55 NF200 FTW (per newegg pix)
P55 NF200 Classified (Per Icebob)
P55 LE (Per Raul-7 visiting Fry's)

DFI:
P55-T3eH9 (per clunk review, official dfi, and per the sample I recieved)

Gigabyte:
P55A-UD6 (per clunk review)

MSI:
MSI P55-CD53 LGA 1156 (Per Raul-7 visiting Fry's)

Intel:
BOXDP55WG LGA 1156 (Per Raul-7 visiting Fry's)
BOXDP55WB LGA 1156 (Per Raul-7 visiting Fry's)

Biostar:
T5 XE CFX-SLI (Per Raul-7 visiting Fry's)
TP55 (Per Raul-7 visiting Fry's)

Last edited:
That Anandtech article is so irritating, this is being blown way out of proporion. If you're water cooling (thus not doing any extreme overclocking), you probably don't have to worry about your socket burning up. The pictures at Anandtech are of a CPU overclocked to 5.1ghz+.

There's no reason to go out of your way to avoid Foxconn sockets if you're not doing any REAL extreme overclocking.

This thread was started to catalog boards known to utilize lotes sockets. I appreciate your input and I understand it's for extreme overclocking, but I still want to create a list of known lotes sockets. Let's face it, better can never mean worse.

Fair enough.

According to this thread, the DFI P55-T3eH9 has a LOTES socket.

LOL, I came back to the thread to put that in. lol time warp

Anyway, this is probably the board I'm getting, need to read more about it, but I'm pretty sold on going dfi again. 8 sata ports, 3 pci-e 16x, and a good layout plus a lotes socket has me sold already, but gotta make sure it doesn't fall short in the oc area.

EVGA P55 NF200 Classified= Lotes, I know I have one, and I guess not all foxconn socket have problem, I have a Maximus III Formula that I've burn 30 liters of LN2 on it and no trace of socket burn...

EVGA P55 NF200 Classified= Lotes, I know I have one, and I guess not all foxconn socket have problem, I have a Maximus III Formula that I've burn 30 liters of LN2 on it and no trace of socket burn...

Thank you for the update, icebob. Let's try and keep these coming in, guys, and thank you all for the cooperation and contribution! :beer:

Hey Miah look at this thread and when you get the board and the usb3.0 gizmo can you check if you use it if it really affect the pcie performance? Thx GigaMiah!

Yeah, I saw that thread...I'll look into it :beer:

Gigabyte made a point to ask me specifically to test the USB 3.0 feature, and that they are "trying to get a 3.0 device" from a third party...hopefully that will work out ;)

I stopped by Fry's today to pickup a new case and saw the following boards with LOTES sockets:
Intel BOXDP55WG LGA 1156
MSI P55-CD53 LGA 1156
BIOSTAR (don't remember the model #)
EVGA P55 LE

Only the GIGABYTE and ASUS boards still had the Foxconn sockets.

Back