• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with temps/setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechtonicPC

Member, formerly Surfrat
I need some help...

I feel like my water setup is just not running cool enough. I have only the CPU on the water, but my temps still seem pretty high. I keep looking at temps from others that are running the 920's and I seem to be getting what the guys on air cooling are getting.

Here is a link to my water setup..

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590001

and a link to a post formt hat thread showing the setup...

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5921026&postcount=6

At 1.29 vcore and an overclock at 3.8ghz I am getting 48, 41, 47, 41 on the cores - in that order using real temp. E-Leet reads 49, 44, 48, 43. These are idol speeds and seem a bit high to me.

I am using distilled water for fluid and a small amount of HydraX.

I am wondering if it is the way the fans are mounted and pushing on the rad? The are mounted to the bottom and blowing up through it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
reverse your fans and ditch the hydreX. also get some biocide like PT nuke or a silver kill coil.

your also running the minimum amount of rad for an i7, adding another 120mm rad will help.

are you just using 2 fans or 4? going push pull if your not will also help.

reverse your fans and ditch the hydreX. also get some biocide like PT nuke or a silver kill coil.

your also running the minimum amount of rad for an i7, adding another 120mm rad will help.

are you just using 2 fans or 4? going push pull if your not will also help.

When you say reverse, you mean leave them on bottom of rez and have them pull air through and blow down into case?

Yes just 2 fans on there.

Load temp ? ( LinX max memory used for at least 5 pass. )

Also, Room temp ?

Idle are meaningless.

Load is 60c and room temp is about 74 right now.

Idol may be meaningless, but the temps seem high at idol. I am reading most people getting low 30's for idol.

I reversed the fans and left them on bottom of rad. temps are down about 2c at idol. Fans are blowing down into case over the cpu block now so that may be the reason for the small change.

My idle is ~40°c.

Peeps that have idle in the low 30s are running the powersaving feature ON or have lower room temp. Before adding my HD5870 to the loop my idle was ~1°c lower. To lower the idle you need to turn on the power saving in BIOS.

reason for the small change is that your now pulling in ambient air instead of hotter case air.

your temps are well within reason for the setup you have.

Looking at your hose routing, you sure you have the IN water to the IN of the CPU block? There is a small dot next to the inlet barb on the CPU block.

60C under load, using realtemp to measure and prime 95 small ffts for 30 min is just fine with that size of rad and 3.8 on the CPU.

Your fine.

Looking at your hose routing, you sure you have the IN water to the IN of the CPU block? There is a small dot next to the inlet barb on the CPU block.

60C under load, using realtemp to measure and prime 95 small ffts for 30 min is just fine with that size of rad and 3.8 on the CPU.

Your fine.

looks right to me, res>pump>block>rad.

Back