• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel DH55HC motherboard green light gives a single blink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nashashmi

Hey,

I am having on a problem on a new build using an Intel H55 chipset motherboard. I have hooked up all the parts but the motherboard is not turning on. I know I am supposed to see a solid green light to know if the motherboard is getting power or not, but I do not see a green light. In fact, the light gives a single blink whenever i turn the power supply on for the first time.

This is frustrating me. I have tried reconnecting all the parts several times, reading the manual several times over to see what I missed, and so on, but to no luck.

Could a single green blink be the sign of a fried motherboard? I get the feeling that the motherboard tries to turn on but fails.

This is my first build. the components are as follows.
Intel DH55HC motherboard
Crucial PC2-10600 2x1024MB DDR3
Pentium D G6950
450 W power supply

Take out all but 1 memory module. try them individually to see if 1 is bad. if not then if you have access to another power supply try changing that.

Does the system just power right off or do the fans and lights stay on?

did you make sure the 4 pin power and 24 pin atx connector are fully seated? (i have to ask, sorry.)

I tried each ram individually. and I also tried using another power supply. No luck.

I am not even at the stage where the fans could turn on. The motherboard itself is not turning on (according to the green light).

I checked the power supply cables. they are connected.

Out of curiousity, was there a particular reason you thought the RAM might be dead?

I am also thinking about giving my computer to some repair store. Maybe they have the resource to test each part individually.

Do you have the internal speaker hooked up, if you do then remove all your memory and listen for two or three beeps and then try removing your video card and see.

Also disconnect your hard drives and see if it will post screen.

It might be a DOA mother board, he had you test the memory to see if that was the cause because sometimes you get a bad memory stick or they both wont work, also you some times get bad hard drives or motherboard or PSU.

Last edited:
"No video and two beeps during boot" To anyone who has a Intel Motherboard DH55HC w/i5 CPU, and is getting no video and 2 beeps during boot. This is because you are trying to use the onboard video. The i5 CPU is not compatable w/ the onboard video. To Reslve, Install a PCI-express add-on video card and this will solve your problem.

Good luck.. KX

Back