• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning a WC setup in an Antec 1200....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brano11

Heyas all new to the forum here and glad to find these forums, this will be awesome! Im wanting to water cool my Antec 1200 gaming case right now. What im wanting to do is, I get a small check every week around 100 dollars, so what im wanting to do is start ordering parts for a custom water cool setup. The main things I want to water cool are my processor and my graphics card. Those are the only 2 things I would like to water cool. What components would you all recommend so I can start buying things when I get this weeks paycheck. Like I said I get about 100 a week and just wanna start ordering parts 1 at a time until I get everything.

My processor -- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115214

Graphics Card -- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150359

If anybody could recommend some products / what to get it would be great. Again I get 100 a week so would like to get at least 1 item a week and work my way to getting it done.

Thank you all for the help!

Brano11 AKA Brandon

Ok so how does this sound so far :

CPU block - Swiftech Apogee XT Extreme Performance CPU water Block

Pump -- Swiftech MCP655-B 1/2in. Water Pump

Reservoir -- Swiftech MCR 320 QP-Res - Triple Rad with integrated reservoir

Coolant -- Feser One Non Conductive Cooling Fluid - 1000 ml - UV Acid Green

Barbs -- Bitspower Black Sparkle G1/4" Barb Fitting - 1/2" ID

Compression ( Still needed with barbs?? ) -- Koolance 1/2" (13mm) ID G1/4 Threaded Nozzles Pair

Tubes -- 2.5 Meter (8 feet) Feser Tube Active UV Hose - Retail Packed - 1/2" ID (3/4"OD) Anti-Kink Tubing - UV Acid Green

GPU Block -- EK Radeon HD4890 VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel Plated - (EK-FC4890 CF-Nickel)

Can anybody comment on anything im missing / anything they would change please!

EDIT: I dont believe I saw anything in these products that would mix metals with each other and create some sad days for me! Also, I have read some other threads here in the last hour and have heard people say dont use feser one products and just use distilled water and biocide (sp?). Why not use the feser one coolants, I really do like the "glow" they put off!

Last edited:
Ok so how does this sound so far :

CPU block - Swiftech Apogee XT Extreme Performance CPU water Block

Good choice

Pump -- Swiftech MCP655-B 1/2in. Water Pump

Decent, maybe weak for future expandability, but good for a new pump top if needed down the road.

Reservoir -- Swiftech MCR 320 QP-Res - Triple Rad with integrated reservoir

Might be a bit short in cooling if the op wants really quiet cooling. There are better rads and what if the op wants to add another GPU in Xfire later? We recommend at a min a 120x2 for the CPU, and that GPU almost, almost begs for a 120x2 so the GPU heatload doesn't impact the CPU temps.

Coolant -- Feser One Non Conductive Cooling Fluid - 1000 ml - UV Acid Green

I'll stand my ground here. I have NO idea why anyone would pay crazy amounts of $$ for a liquid that is less capable of cooling at $20 a liter vs $.70. Yes. Under a dollar to cool the loop and get better results. And don't forget, every 6 months the liquid needs replaced.
Barbs -- Bitspower Black Sparkle G1/4" Barb Fitting - 1/2" ID

Compression ( Still needed with barbs?? ) -- Koolance 1/2" (13mm) ID G1/4 Threaded Nozzles Pair

The ID and OD for compressions matter a lot. Compressions are great, they are fat, on a XT block like recommended by you you have to move the outlet hole to the secondary position, impacting CPU block flow rates. If the OP goes for 1/2" ID tubing, then he'll have to use the less acceptable outlet option on the CPU block. Barbs are a lot cheaper and are just fine.

Tubes -- 2.5 Meter (8 feet) Feser Tube Active UV Hose - Retail Packed - 1/2" ID (3/4"OD) Anti-Kink Tubing - UV Acid Green

Why Feser? When Primochill LRT is better.

GPU Block -- EK Radeon HD4890 VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel Plated - (EK-FC4890 CF-Nickel)

You sure it will fit his card? Is his card ref or non ref? There are 3 other main players in the GPU cooling world, what makes the EK one best (not that there is a lot of difference.

Can anybody comment on anything im missing / anything they would change please!

EDIT: I dont believe I saw anything in these products that would mix metals with each other and create some sad days for me! Also, I have read some other threads here in the last hour and have heard people say dont use feser one products and just use distilled water and biocide (sp?). Why not use the feser one coolants, I really do like the "glow" they put off!

You like the glow. We like trouble free cool loops. Not sure how long you been watercooling, but it's pretty much agreed across many more forums than this that distilled is best with a biocide. Say what you wish, but I'm not a new watercooler, I know better.

Awesome thank you for the reply, will change some things out a little later today when I get done with the chores around the house. I will switch out the feser one coolant and use distilled water and the biocide. I will look at the primochill LRT a little bit later when I get home this afternoon.

I will try and look for a separate res and radiator instead of one bundled together. Just not quite sure I should be looking in those areas.

Also this would be my first water cooling try, so im a total noob at it.

The EK Supreme HF is a better CPU block, and you will need more than one litre of coolant for that loop. I would pick distilled with additives over dyed coolant, it gunks up the system, especially inside the radiator and blocks.

Back