• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Redesign

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, that stinks pretty bad if you ask me. I guess the web dev dweebs that newegg hires have to screw with something to justify their jobs or something. Hopefully the newegg rep will take notice that at least some of us think this change sucks and give us an option to revert to the system that was in place before this latest change.

EDIT: Evidently they haven't set everything up like that. I just looked at the heatsinks and it still displays like they used to.

I looked at that laptop (which is why i went there) and various other things. Some RAM has it, and a few things here and there. It's not site wide yet, but i don't like it.

Dear Newegg,

Why mess with perfection?

Why are you looking for change?

Why have to deal with the incoming deluge of emails from customers spazzing out over a unneeded and unnecessary change?

The simplest solution; Fire your website designers. You don't need them.

Sincerely,
a customer who has spent thousands over the past years and has no need for a site that values aesthetics over simplicity and well arranged information.

I don't mind the new design, change is always good (IMO).

Everyone I knew who have Xbox Live hated the NXE but I actually liked it compared to the old dashboard.

i think they needa keep a way to change back. The new version isn't even full width anymore :( Takes a ton of scrolling up and down to find everything.

Is it just some items? Clicked around to a few different products and OPs notebook link is the only one I've seen with the new layout.

Hope they don't change it though. Just seems like they tried to clean it up only to just re-arrange the clutter.

Last edited:
it's only on certain things. Some heatsinks, some laptops, some CPUs, it all depends. They're just randomly put in there. Maybe on their more popular items? or less popular items?

I don't like it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/NewProduct.aspx?Item=N82E16834157290&Tpk=G62

It's not NEAR as clean and simple as it used to be :(

Dear CompuTamer,
Thank you for your feed back in reference to our site. Customer concerns and suggestions are important to Newegg as we are consistently looking for ways to improve our services making them more “customer” friendly. I wish to apologize for any inconvenience our sites redesign may have caused and will forward all feed back to our appropriate departments for review and consideration.

Dear Newegg,

Why mess with perfection?

Why are you looking for change?

Why have to deal with the incoming deluge of emails from customers spazzing out over a unneeded and unnecessary change?

The simplest solution; Fire your website designers. You don't need them.

Sincerely,
a customer who has spent thousands over the past years and has no need for a site that values aesthetics over simplicity and well arranged information.

Quoted for truth, though I don't think the new design looks any better (despite my thoughts on functionality)

I really hope they don't keep changing their layout for the site. Bad website layout = less time spent shopping on site for parts = less money spent at Newegg.

EDIT -
Now this is odd, if you just search for the product number it brings you to the sane version of the product's page

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157290&Tpk=N82E16834157290

The old type is so much better than that new crap that started this thread. Yuck.

"don't mind the new design, change is always good (IMO)."

Look at SecrtAgentMan's surprise when we replace his Folgers coffee with anthrax laced Folgers coffee! Change is always good!

:D

I just wanted you to know that...
I hate this product page redesign SOOO much I spent the time to register, for no purpose other than tell you that I hate this redesign. :bang head
Newegg, this crap is both ugly and inconvenient.
Leave the pages alone. One of the reasons I shop at Newegg is because the current/old layout is already as simple and convenient as can be. Almost every other online stores layout pisses me off (to the point that I REFUSE to shop at them).

Back