• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

worked for eight months, now no beep, no video...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadedwalking

I am in urgent need of help! I searched the forum but couldn't ins a good solution. Last night I was playing gta iv and the game froze (drivers stopped working temporarily). I stopped playing and turned off my computer using windows shutdown. Long story short this morning I turn it on and there is no video. I turn off, then on again, and I don't hear the usual beeping sound. After reading some forums I tried unseating my ram and booting; still there was no beeping sound! Can anyone help me?
here are my specs:

Cpu: i7-930
mobo: axis p6x58d-e
ram: corsair xms3 CMX6GX3M3C1600C7 6gb
Gpu: xfx black 5850
harddrive: samsung spinpoint
psu: corsair tx750

Some other notes: The p6x58d-e is receiving power (the the red LED indicator light that is on); all the case fans are on, the gpu fans are running, and my DVD/BR drives open/close.

If there's anymore info you need to help please let me know. Or if there was a solution I overlooked on the forums please link me! I don't overclock and the system was working for eight months.

With much appreciation,
ed

:welcome: to Overclockers.com!

Have you done a CMOS reset? I'm not sure if your motherboard has a clear CMOS button, or if you have a jumper. Either way, turn off the power and depress the button(or move the jumper) for a few seconds. Replace, restore power, and try booting again. If this doesn't work, you can try shutting the power off and removing the CMOS battery for 15 minutes.

If that doesn't do the trick. You'll need to take things down to the basics.
1. Remove all of the components from the case including the motherboard.
2. Build the system on the motherboard box (or a similar non-conductive surface)
3. Start with only the essentials (CPU, 1 stick of ram), turn on the power and see if it posts. If so, start adding components, one at a time.
4. Add GPU. test for post
5. Add the rest of the ram. test for post
6. Add HD's. etc..
7. If you get the entire system built outside of the case, then you may have had a grounding issue, something came loose, you needed a HSF reseat... regardless. Replace everything in the case and it should work.

If you run into a faulty component, then you can try to test it in another system but you'll probably end up sending it off for RMA or ordering a replacement.

Last edited:
Back