• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MitsuCats

Hello

I have the last 2 weeks play a little with overclock my new system. but i dont get it to run very good. so therefore i hope few in here could help me.

My system

Kabinet
Komplett.se - Cooler Master HAF X Big Tower Svart

Mainbord
Komplett.se - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9, Socket-1366 -Demo

CPU
Komplett.se - Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-950

CPU cooler
Komplett.se - Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Kylare

Memory
Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI

Right now i am runnig stabile on this setting. 4.000MHZ

Multiple : 22
Base Clock : 182
Vcore : 1.32500V
VTT : 1.355
Dram : 1.500V
Mode : Turbo

Hello

Nobody would help me to try to get little more out of this system. i have read alot about all this. but still new to it. and i dont dare just to put something in the bios with the volt. if something goes wrong

:welcome:

If you're already at 4G then you're doing well. I generally reference two guides. One by Cluck is pretty much a path most likely to be followed by inexperienced overclockers. You may have advance past it. Another by Miahallen is what I would characterize as more advanced. It divides the process into finding the max speeds the motherboard, cpu and memory each unlimited by the others. From these you can push your overclock higher, realizing that as you approach the max possible overclock there can be some interaction between the components.

CPU voltage wise, just watch your core temperatures as you increase it. I use CoreTemp but there are also others.

Enjoy. :thup:

Back