• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Can be alternate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bloodsside14

I have Crosair Dominator GT 2000 2x 2gb and my friend gave me a Crosair Vengeance 8gb 2x 4gb 1600. It can be combine to my pc and not be conflict? I have Motherboard Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z.

It can't be guaranteed, but if you try it, then use them with the lowest speed between the two (1600MHz), the highest timings of the two, and the highest vDIMM of the two. However, the 2000 kit may be able to run undervolted at 1600 if the 1600 kit has a lower voltage than the 2000 kit.

It can't be guaranteed, but if you try it, then use them with the lowest speed between the two (1600MHz), the highest timings of the two, and the highest vDIMM of the two. However, the 2000 kit may be able to run undervolted at 1600 if the 1600 kit has a lower voltage than the 2000 kit.

Lol. I don't get it. I am noob for that words. For the short term can be but there will be a problem when i do overclock? or even i don't overclock the two?

Damn... night meet day. That even looks bad inside your case...

I would just sell the dominators (you can likely fetch a pretty penny for them) and keep the 8GB DDR3 1600. You will not notice a difference in performance.

Like mattno said, you would have to use the slowest speed with the highest timings and voltages than cross your fingers. Not something a new builder wants to troubleshoot. Save yourself the hassle.

Damn... night meet day. That even looks bad inside your case...

I would just sell the dominators (you can likely fetch a pretty penny for them) and keep the 8GB DDR3 1600. You will not notice a difference in performance.

Like mattno said, you would have to use the slowest speed with the highest timings and voltages than cross your fingers. Not something a new builder wants to troubleshoot. Save yourself the hassle.

:p

Just wondering if this would be easy and possible to do that combination.
I will sell my vengeance. So GT will be memory i used.:ty:

If you do any gaming or anything memory intensive, I think you would notice a difference from 4GB to 8GB. I know I did, I found 4GB to be too little sometimes.

I guess unless you have to have the faster speeds that the Dominators guarantee, I would recommend going with the Vengeance. I think that unless you are benching, you aren't ever going to perceive 1600Mhz vs 1866Mhz

So true. I would take 8GB of DDR3 1600 over 4GB 1866 for a daily driver. While you may not use/need it, its not going to slow you down at all. ;)

Back