• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Vengeance vs Dominator DDR3 8gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As some of the guys told me when I was looking to buy...

The only time you'll benefit from the expensive memory such as the Dominators over the Vengeance series is when you're benching and going for every last ounce of performance from your memory.

Having said that... I went with the Dominator GT's because I plan to see just how far I could push them at some point.

There are however even better options for what I plan to do than the Dominator GT's I purchased... I'm just a fan of Corsair RAM.

Essentially... To answer this question... We need to know what you're planning to do with the memory.

-David

i havent built a pc in over a year and had always liked Corsair Dominator, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145313. I now see what I think is a new line called Vengeance, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145345. I truly believe you get what you pay for, but at almost twice the price, is it worth buying the Dominators?

You can expect almost the same from both kits. This dominator is older series.
I can agree with redduc900, better is to pay some more for G.Skills CL8 that will probably make the same as 1866 9-10-9 Dominators. If you really want Corsairs then go for GT series and from GT 2x4GB kits there is almost nothing special till 2133 ...

I'm hoping to get at least 4.5ghz. No benching. Asus P8Z68 deluxe with i7-2600k.

Wasn't sure about Gskills. Might go that route instead. Better timing and lower voltage.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could get a 1600mhz RAM, run it at 1333 and do some extreme timing tightening.
Would perform faster that way (compared to the default 1600mhz and default timings).

I'm hoping to get at least 4.5ghz. No benching. Asus P8Z68 deluxe with i7-2600k.

In this case get cheapest G.Skill RipjawsX/Snipers or Corsair Vengeance CL9 1600. Most of them will run @1600 cl8 anyway just some higher voltage like 1.6V . Memory won't change your cpu overclock or won't affect daily performance so much.

In this case get cheapest G.Skill RipjawsX/Snipers or Corsair Vengeance CL9 1600. Most of them will run @1600 cl8 anyway just some higher voltage like 1.6V . Memory won't change your cpu overclock or won't affect daily performance so much.

Agreed. I highly doubt you would ever notice the difference in day to day operation.

Not what I was exspecting

If it were me I'd forget about the Corsairs, and instead go w/ a 2 x 4GB set of G.Skill Ripjaws for $18.00 more, w/ tighter timings of 8-8-8-24 and 1.5V...

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445

Wish I had read this a few days ago. I got the Corsair DD3 1600 and it only runs stable at 1333. Waste IMO. I do realize I would probably never the difference really but still, if it says 1600, i want 1600.

I have been using GSkill for years and years and never a single issue. I should have bought the Rips, which i may send these back and do anyway. Always heard great things about Corsair. Lets just say they didn't make a good 1st impression.

And the serial numbers are different in the bios as than on the sticks which smells fishy to me.

Thanks for your time, and let me know you ran into this issue and was able to fix the speed.

Thanx again Seaborn

EDIT
Ok i see some posts of others seep in this thread that didn't show in the search. Ill start reading.

Back