• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

taking all memory slots hinder high oc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spazzkid

i have 2 sticks of 128mb kingmax 333 ddr on my epox 8kha+, wud taking another slot (adding another 128 stick) hinder me from yielding high fsb speeds?

In most cases If it is the exact same ram by the same company and every thing, it should not matter, but the only way to tell is to try, i have 2 256mb of pc150 ocz and I can go all the way to 170mhz with my duron right now, stable too. so it worked for me, it should work for you.

my board has all 3 dimm slots. ive already taken 2 (2x128mb), im planning to add another 128mb becoz thats the only one i kud afford. if ive taken all the memory slots, wud i still be able to hit 150fsb? (which am running at right now)

I don't see why you shouldn't, but I can't say for sure. It is recommended too use one 256mb brick instead of 2x128mb, but I don't know if that goes with two instead of three.

Ely

Back