• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair or Mushkin 2100 DDR????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
Not sure which 1 to get.
Price is about the same for either, but I do need to get some.

Any thoughts?

thanks.
:cool:

All I know is you best stock up on a little memory like I have been saying like a broken record since Sept.

News like Hynix lenders leave for Micron talks in US -report shows a consolidation of the memory market, thus creating higher prices that they are now.

Remember Memory was $ a buck a Mhz not so long ago :(

I have both in my system right now. a stick of each.

I've heard that the mushkin doesn't like high voltage, so take that for what you will if you plan to overclock.

my uneducated take on it is this.... the crucial is probably the cheapest, and it's great stuff, but I think how high it'll overclock is a little bit of a gamble.

the mushkin stuff is overpriced, or atleast it always used to be, and I don't think it overclocks as well as it should.

so get the crucial.

i have a stick of Crucial PC2100, and a stick of Corsair PC2400. both r doing 153MHz right now. i'm sure they can go higher. but it's my damn IBM 60GXP hold it back.

for the money, go for Crucial. for a safer bet (really safer?), go for Corsair or Muskin as they guarantee 150MHz! even tho i'm sure Crucial could hit that w/ no problem.

Corsair or Muskin as they guarantee 150MHz!

Really???!!! i haven't heard this B-4.
Is that , buying it factory direct? or can I buy the same retail and have it guarenteed?

when he says guaranteed, I think he means the xms2400 ram, which is labeled as pc 2400 not pc 2100, so of course it's gonna go at 150.

brothernod said:
when he says guaranteed, I think he means the xms2400 ram, which is labeled as pc 2400 not pc 2100, so of course it's gonna go at 150.

yeah, i meant the xms2400. they RATED at PC2400/150MHz. and i got mine at PCNut. if it can't hit 150Mhz, i don't think why Humphery wouldn't happy to exchange/refund back to u ;)

but for the money, u should go for the Crucial! can't beat that. and for what i've used & heard, i never heard anyone who can't hit 150MHz 2-2-2 w/ it...!

for a safe bet. go for Corsair xms2400.

but i'm sure they both could do better than 150MHz!!

good luck! :)

The board (Asus A7V266E) is rated @ 2100. Can I use say...2400 or even 2700 in it? DDR is new to me.
(Kinda like using PC133 instead of PC100?)

you can use higher grade ram in your system.
the ram will be guaranteed to hit the stock fsb it comes with, but that doesn't mean everything else in your system will.

If you plan on overclockin DONT BUY MUSHKIN. Its crap especially the PC2100. I couldnt raise my FSB more than 136. Go with Corsair. I was able to go as high as 160. Try to get PC2400.

WarriorII said:
The board (Asus A7V266E) is rated @ 2100. Can I use say...2400 or even 2700 in it? DDR is new to me.
(Kinda like using PC133 instead of PC100?)

I really havent had the chance to really test it out yet, but I am using an ASUS A7N266. Its rated for PC2100 as well, and I am running 1 stick of Mushkin PC2700. Sorry cant recall right now what its all running at. I still want to go in and slam it up as high as I can get. Just been to busy so far.

JzAr said:
If you plan on overclockin DONT BUY MUSHKIN. Its crap especially the PC2100. I couldnt raise my FSB more than 136. Go with Corsair. I was able to go as high as 160. Try to get PC2400.

That's wierd I have my Mushkin special at 2-3-3-5 and I am running it at 139 FSB. Mabye you just got a bad stick.

Back