• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc2700 Ddr Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberFed

Hey guys my friend wants to get a p4 system built, and he wants to go DDR Ram, I dont know squat about DDR so ineed some help building it for him, he told me there are 2 chipsets, SIS 645 and 645DX, which one is better for overclocking?? also what is a good mobo that uses this chipset for o/cing also. Next question i told him that RDram is better than DDR for overclocking, but he needs to be convinced before going Rdram, so if someone could do a little writeup on the two so he can read it, it would be appreciated. Last thing lets say he does go DDR what is the best DDR ram for him to buy for overclocking.
Thanks for helping out cause all i know about is rambus ram :)

All I can say is that I'm very happy with my Asus P4s533 and my Samsung 2700.

Look at this pic:
memory2.JPG

I'm not that into RamBus, so maybe someone else can help youwith that?

I have heard alot of pros and cons about samsung I'd be lerry and seems to be the most popular o/c ram is crucial haven't yet o/c my OCZ will let ya know.

Going rdram or ddr with a P-4 for overclocking depends alot on the cpu and it's overclocking capability.

If you want to use a 1.6a then ddr is the way to go as you may be able to hit 150fsb with it.

If you use a 1.8a then its about a toss up, good overclocking rdram will probably max out on the x4 setting at about the same point as the cpu.

If you use a 2.0 or higher 400 cpu then rdram is best a 533 cpu then ddr.

If you want memory that you can use for overclocking with any 400 or 533 cpu then ddr is the best choice for now until the 1066 rdram comes out in 5-6 weeks and then it can be tested to see how far it can be overclocked at full speed.

Back