• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and AMD FX 8350 OC guide needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's all cool batica I do know I pull 8.93 @ 5.2 I've run the test many times trust me. Just not at 4.64 but I ran again and got 8.01 all the 8350 results are mine.

batica.JPG

That's all cool batica I do know I pull 8.93 @ 5.2 I've run the test many times trust me. Just not at 4.64 but I ran again and got 8.01 all the 8350 results are mine.

View attachment 130638

Wooow you were at 5.27 DAMN :thup::thup:... Awesome :D...8.01 is very nice, its a little pitty that you can not pass 9 with 5.27 Ghz..but what a heck :)

CPU speed and memory play a big part in the cinebench scores. Speeding up your CPU_NB would help.

Offtopic: What do you think about FX 9370? Do you think it is better than 8350? I would say no, but i can not find any benchmarks. Anyway i am waiting for Steamroller FX chip, and i am hoping that Steamroller will use AM3+ socket... If Steamroller show some better performance than my 8350 and stay within the same price range, i will swop to that baby :).

Offtopic: What do you think about FX 9370? Do you think it is better than 8350?

I think the 9370 is the 8350. The 9370 is just top binned 8350's that have been overclocked to 4.4GHz with occasional blasts up to 4.7GHz. I've successfully overclocked my 8350 to 4.6GHz were it runs at that speed daily. I've gone higher up to 5.0GHz, but temperatures got too wild and hairy.

The 9370 is nothing special. Go with a 8350 or wait for Steamroller.

I've tried a dozen times to hit that speed on cinebench, it just shows that cooling is king for performance on this chip!!!

No 9 score for me than, i dont think that i can get 5.3 with air cooling, maybe if my room temperature was 10 degree celzius ;)

I still don't think that would happen battica. Bobert has a kickass water set-up. Your aircooler just wouldn't be able to keep the heat out.

Offtopic: What do you think about FX 9370? Do you think it is better than 8350? I would say no, but i can not find any benchmarks. Anyway i am waiting for Steamroller FX chip, and i am hoping that Steamroller will use AM3+ socket... If Steamroller show some better performance than my 8350 and stay within the same price range, i will swop to that baby :).

The 9370 and the 9590 are very good 8350's I have seen some reviews but none where they've actually tried to OC to crazy heights. kitguru did a decent review and in it they said they had the V_core up to 1.58 trying to get a stable clock over 5 and didn't.

Yeah i agree..No need to blast 300+usd for 4.4 base clock because i already have my 8350 running at 4.42... I will stick with my 8350 and when cooler time arrive i will try 4.6...
For now, I will just wait for Steamroller to come out, and if that chip have better performance and AM3+ socket plus same price tag i will buy it :D

Johan45 said:
The 9370 and the 9590 are very good 8350's I have seen some reviews but none where they've actually tried to OC to crazy heights. kitguru did a decent review and in it they said they had the V_core up to 1.58 trying to get a stable clock over 5 and didn't.

I think the review and your thinking are both spot on for the day and hour of the 9370 and the 9590 cpus. How many have lived the FX processors from their release at levels above 4.6Ghz and not been put off by the great heat that needs to get from the cpu to outside the computer case? How many have entered at the mid-level of motherboard into FX 8 core territory and then had to get a 'really' good motherboard just to be able to do cpu speed bursts over and beyond 5.0Ghz. I submit that of those that actually use a keyboard in the forum to communicate, that there are a few of us.

If the 9370 and the 9590 are still 32nm cpus and the transistor count and overall silicon size are equal to the previous FX-8350 cpus, then the 9370 and the 9590 will be AS hot or hotter at default speeds than the FX-8350 cpus were.

If you read closely the heat outputs and current draws of the early FX-8350 reviews (good reviews) the reviews noted that the new default speed of the FX-8350 raised the current drawn and the temps. It was almost as if you were overclocking an FX-8150 with the new default 4.0Ghz FX-8350. The same is going to apply to the 9370 and the 9590. I suggest that the temps and cpu current requirements will be up just at default for the two new 9xxx cpus.

TurboCore to 5.0Ghz and 4.7Ghz is not the same as us into overclocking, turning on ALL 8 cores at the same time for 'real' performance. The OEM and system intergrators are being instructed to use only certain motherboards for the new 9xxx cpus and rightly so. Otherwise even the high default speeds of the 9xxx cpus will overwhelm a mediocre motherboard.

The old circus guru said there is one born every minute and historically that is seemingly always true. There are those that will buy a system with the newer 9xxx cpus in them and believe they are light years ahead of others. Some money into AMD's pockets. However not likely from my pocket to AMD's pockets for plain old hype in my eyes.
Bobert...

I think the review and your thinking are both spot on for the day and hour of the 9370 and the 9590 cpus. How many have lived the FX processors from their release at levels above 4.6Ghz and not been put off by the great heat that needs to get from the cpu to outside the computer case? How many have entered at the mid-level of motherboard into FX 8 core territory and then had to get a 'really' good motherboard just to be able to do cpu speed bursts over and beyond 5.0Ghz. I submit that of those that actually use a keyboard in the forum to communicate, that there are a few of us.

If the 9370 and the 9590 are still 32nm cpus and the transistor count and overall silicon size are equal to the previous FX-8350 cpus, then the 9370 and the 9590 will be AS hot or hotter at default speeds than the FX-8350 cpus were.

If you read closely the heat outputs and current draws of the early FX-8350 reviews (good reviews) the reviews noted that the new default speed of the FX-8350 raised the current drawn and the temps. It was almost as if you were overclocking an FX-8150 with the new default 4.0Ghz FX-8350. The same is going to apply to the 9370 and the 9590. I suggest that the temps and cpu current requirements will be up just at default for the two new 9xxx cpus.

TurboCore to 5.0Ghz and 4.7Ghz is not the same as us into overclocking, turning on ALL 8 cores at the same time for 'real' performance. The OEM and system intergrators are being instructed to use only certain motherboards for the new 9xxx cpus and rightly so. Otherwise even the high default speeds of the 9xxx cpus will overwhelm a mediocre motherboard.

The old circus guru said there is one born every minute and historically that is seemingly always true. There are those that will buy a system with the newer 9xxx cpus in them and believe they are light years ahead of others. Some money into AMD's pockets. However not likely from my pocket to AMD's pockets for plain old hype in my eyes.
Bobert...

I agree, i am a huge fan of AMD. But I must say that i would never ever buy 9370 or 9590 cpu because there is just no performance boost from my 8350...I would rather overcklock my 8350 and enjoy in those performances...Plus i pay less that 200usd for it....the only gain i see with this "new" cpu's are those that i could fry my mobo and temperature issues.
So for me top of the line AMD cpu is FX 8350...I will just erase those 9xxx from my mind, and i will wait for Steamroller to come out. And damn i have high hopes about those CPU's. If Steamroller gain some nice performance over my 8350 and still uses AM3+ socket , and stay within the price tag of 8350 i will buy that cpu... I will even pay 100$ more than 8350 if they impress us all with performance boost over the 8350..:thup:

and still uses AM3+ socket , and stay within the price tag of 8350 i will buy that cpu... I will even pay 100$ more than 8350 if they impress us all with performance boost over the 8350..>>> I hear you say that for sure.
RGone...

Hey guys,today i saw some dude posting cinebench result with FX 9370.... I did not believe my eyes...He got 7.33 score at 4.43Ghz?! My score with oc 8350 to 4.42 (4.415) is 7.55 LOL :D

Hey guys,today i saw some dude posting cinebench result with FX 9370.... I did not believe my eyes...He got 7.33 score at 4.43Ghz?! My score with oc 8350 to 4.42 (4.415) is 7.55 LOL :D

Was that over at Hardforum? That gu's ram is a mess. Also a UD# board rev1 which is good. We'll see how he goes.

Was that over at Hardforum? That gu's ram is a mess. Also a UD# board rev1 which is good. We'll see how he goes.

Yes Johan i came across that thread and take a peak :D...I did not look at the screenshots about Ram i just look at Cinebench.I will follow that thread to see how he goes.

Ya another poster says he has the 9590 as well paired with a crosshair. It wil be interesting. I posted links to my cinebench scores so the OP can compare his 9370 to my 8350.

Ya another poster says he has the 9590 as well paired with a crosshair. It wil be interesting. I posted links to my cinebench scores so the OP can compare his 9370 to my 8350.

I just see that....It will be interesting to see both 9590 and 9370 results.

Here are some pics of my rig with my new Noctua cooler...As you can see there is no problem with Kingston Hyper X Beast ...Hope you like it :)

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

Back