• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

get rind of junk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

anyone know a program that gets rid of adds that run on my computer? like save now and gator and stuff like that

There are other options.....

I use ZoneAlarmPro, and it has an ad-blocking feature. Not only can it disable pop-up (and under) ads, it can eliminate banner ads from 3rd party servers.

I've never used ad-aware, so I can't comment on it's effectiveness, but I can say that ZApro does the job extremely well.

well i know zonealarm doesnt search registry and stuff for ads on your computer that use your cpu cycle and stuff

wildbilly2k said:
well i know zonealarm doesnt search registry and stuff for ads on your computer that use your cpu cycle and stuff

It doesn't let them in through the firewall in the first place....:)

If you have something like Gator, that came with some other software (like Audiogalaxy), then you allow the software to access the net, but prevent the ad-proggie from doing so.

Everything that goes in and out through your modem must get explicit permission from you before it can go. (Or have you set that permission)

Back