• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diskeeper6 and raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

I have a raid setup...two drives striped and I'm sure it needs defragging, and I was wondering if diskeeper will work on raid systems. Windows defrag doesn't seem to work.
My system has not slowed significantly, but I like to keep it on top shelf so to speak.
I want to buy Diskeeper, but if it won't work why get it?
I wrote to who ever makes diskeeper, but they haven't responded.
Are there other proggies that will do what I need?
Any help, info, or links would be most apreciated, and thanks in advance

Raid and defragging

I'm about to make a raid 0 array and this has been a concern of mine. I have diskeeper 5 and also O&O defrag. I will test both of them out as well as win2k's built-in defragger and post back in a few days. Still waiting on the 2nd HDD to arrive....

Hey Thanks,
Can't wait for your results...
My setup was cloned from a single drive..e.g. everything working, decided to go raid, bought two hdd's and the raid card, and "ghosted" the old drive to the raid...but forgot to defrag 1st....who knows, I might see an increase in speed.
Thanks again for responding so quickly..I think it was less than 1hr since I posted....I love this forum!

winbloze

It's high time to start over for me. IE keeps messing up, and I get a reg error on start-up everytime (heh, like I reboot that often lol).

Anyway, my system will be undergoing major rebuilding... kx7, corsair XMS PC3200, Maxtor d740x raid. Might as well start fresh with Win 2k and maybe even leave some unpartioned space for Linux. Hoping those parts come in today so I get get started tonight. Luckily I have a WD drive as well, so I'll just move everything important onto it when I set the array up.

Both work fine...have tried them.

I've stuck with O&O though as I've always gone back to it over the past 3 years or so.

The Win2K defragger is no less than a stripped down version of Diskeeper but I don't see much more gain from using the full retail version over it other than a few extra options.

DocClock aka MadClocker said:
Wow,I posted a reply, but it didn't show up??? hmm, anyway thanks You all, enjoy the summer while it lasts:cool:

That seems to have been happening to me quite a bit lately too.

Back