• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does one modify the BSOD message in win2k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
I want to hack my BSOD screen a tad. Searching google now... Tries x-teq, but it only offers to change the color of the backgroud and text, but I couldn't get it to do that even! Any ideas?

Error messages

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. But I bet there's a way to change some of the error messages. In win2k... probably resource hacker! Hehe...

Edit: OK. I made a copy of ntskrnl and renamed it... now I've opened it with resource hacker... much like how you would change the boot screen. I found a message table which has all kinds of message errors, including those found in BSOD's... hmmm I bet if I add lines to these message tables, and then setup the boot.ini to give me the choice between the regular ntskrnl and the hacked one.... I bet it'll work!!!!

Hehe... ppl may get tired of it, but I'd just love to see the regular old BSOD with some added lines such as:

What happened?
Someone set us up the bomb.
How are you Gentlemen??
Its you.
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.
Your are on the way to destruction.
What you say?
There is no chance to survive make your time.
Reboot for great justice.

Last edited:
LOL!

I'll never get tired of that. Now you need to change the blue background to an AYB pic. ;)

Smizack said:
LOL!

I'll never get tired of that. Now you need to change the blue background to an AYB pic. ;)

What about plaid?... it's a highly underrated "color"... that'd be pretty sweet.

btw, Boomslangs gather dust too damn fast, I've got 2 in my drawer (wait.. that doesn't sound right) that haven't been used in like 3 years

Back