• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7v266-e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Docta_Z

Two Questions.

1. Can bios version 1.011 be installed on this? It doesn't show up on asus's website. ( checked 2 days ago, unless it's brand new)

2. Anyone know the configuation of jumpers for a higher voltage then 1.85/1.80 it shows how to set some in manual but not higher ones... or If I gota mod the stupid thing, or if there is any tricks to get a higher voltage. I have read something about the configuation of jumpers but I'm not sure..

Im not sure about the voltage, but the max that MB can put out is 1.85 for the v-core. The nice thing was that mine put out about 1.9 when set to 1.85. Its a small bonus, but better than nothing. PM our member Larry Quinn as he's making volt mods that just clip on, you can run much more voltage with his kits.

The BIOS you want for your board is 1010. That's the latest for the A7V266-E/AA/EX. It can be had @ www.asus.com.tw

As for the voltage, there are some undocumented overvolt jumpers on the board. They let you choose 2.1 or 2.2 (I believe). No modding required.

Remeber thats only with revision 2. The eairler revisions do not have that over volt jumper.

Yeah. And from what I've read in your other post, Docta, you don't have that revision. It's voltmod time for you if you want more voltage.

{PMS}fishy said:
The nice thing was that mine put out about 1.9 when set to 1.85.

Mine's set at 1.80 and it puts out 1.824. I read in a review that asus boards tend to put out a slightly higher voltage than what you set in the bios for a slight stability boost for all those non-techies out there.

Back