• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 7VRXP ver 1.0!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

ok back when I bough my mobo (Gigabyte 7VRXP) I got it as ver. 1.0. But after hearing all these horible things about version 1.1 do you think ill have these problems with my board at version 1.0? Currently ive got an Athlon Xp 1900+ with Geforce 3 Ti200 and it runs Flawlessly! I mean this board works GREAT for me.. windows boots up soooo fast with it.. I gotta press delete long before my monitor kicks in to enter bios cause it boots up so fast. But In the future I might be sticking a GeForce 4 Ti600 or any GF4 Ti series card in their and now im afraid that they might not work? Does anyone have version 1.0 and have a GF4 working in it? Will I experiance any problems with my 1.0 with a GF4 in it or was the problems just with ver 1.1? Thanks

About your fast booting, doesn't yours sit and search for RAID drives for a while? I agree it boots fast, but this does slow it down.

When I first installed my board it did search for those raid drives for a few more seconds.. but then I realized I only had 3 cdrom/cdrw/dvd drives and 1 hd in my pc and wasnt using the raid so I went into the BIOS and diabled it. If you are not using the raid on the motherboard or have less than 4 devices attached then just disable the setting for it in the BIOS and it will completly skip over that step making it boot alot faster. But lets say you have (example) 7 things attached to your system EX: 3 cd/dvd/cdrw/, and 3 hd's, well then you can go in the BIOS and enable ATA mode for your ide-raid controler, so instead of using those 2 other ide ports for raid you can use them as 2 extra regular ide ports. If you happen to want to use the raid on your system then im not exactly sure how much longer itd be, but when I did have it enabled it was only a second or so more.

Back