• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Flash, now it won't do Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flounder43

Senior Lawyer-clocker
I have a Gigabyte 7VRXP rev. 1.1., it had a very old bios. Yesterday, I flashed the bios to the newest from Gigabyte. I had good results at first, but I spoke too soon.

I now cannot set my memory timings to Ultra/Top Perf/CAS2/Command 1, like I had before. It just won't go into windows without crashing.

Any ideas why?

Well, I flashed the f6 bios, same problem. So I went back down to f4. Now it is nice and smooth again. I think the explanation is the memory settings are set more aggresively with the newer bios revisions. When you set it to Ultra/Top, you are taxing the memory more with the f6 bios or higher, than you would be with f4 (no clue about f5).

Anyway, until I figure out just what changes are made, I am using f4 set to ultra/top. Maybe I will dump this crappy Samsung in the mean time...

Back