• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

remote desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oxygen147

Registered
remote desktop in WINxp? so has any one tried using this while someone is using the computer you are remotely connecting to ? just wondering ive been running into some freezing and some other problems

I use it often........it's the same as terminal services, but a much cooler tool bar.

if you are getting slow downs........one of the things I'd recommend is a plain desktop for the client, as well as disable sounds.

I have used remote desktop a few times and its great fun :) but I noticed that it takes ages to start up! sometimes it looks like its not doing anything but leave it a minuite and eventually it will start up. This seems to be worse when 1 person or both have modems so maybe this is the problem you are having.
I connected to my friends machine and he has a puzzle game an there called the incredible machine, and we were both playing on it at the same time, he was on his machine and I was connected remotely and we were each doing bits of the puzzle as we figured it out :D it was good fun.

Back