• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ahhh! Help with cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stagger

Registered
Athlon 2200 Ok so I installed a hew hsf and I think some of the as3 may have gotten on to the non-core part of the cpu. I tried to boot but the monitor just gives a signal error, so I think the chip is screwed up. Could the as3 be connecting things it's not supposed to, like the little metal things on the chip? Either that or it's the motherboard, I guess. It would be nice to buy a new chip, though, because this one sucks at overclocking.

yes, thats highly possible.
first thing to do is to clean it up very carefully and try it out again. its also possible that by removing it you will get the cpu to work again.

What I was wondering about is that it doesn't even show the video card boot screen, where it shows the logo and tells how much RAM the video card has. Would cpu effect that? Wouldn't it still get a signal from the vid card?

Yeah, im pretty sure you need a working processor to get the boot screen. Clean it off with alchohol, reset the bios, reinstall it, and reboot. If that doesnt work, your probably screwed.

Without a working CPU you will get nothing... monitor won't show anything. Try cleaning it and hope for the best. BTW... how much did you use if it managed to spread out that much? Its supposed to be a PAPER this layer... almost invisable thin.

Back