• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED thick cold plate => Good??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
L

lightning

is that having a thicker cold plate is better then a thinner cold plate?? coz now i had 2 kind of cold plate. one id from danger den and another one is come from leufkentech.com. they are different in thickness!! so i wonder can i use that the thinner cold plate will work with water cooling??

when i bought my pelt, the instructions said to use a minimum of 1/4" for aluminum and 1/8" for copper.
and btw, how come overbody is buying their stuff from places like dangeden and other places, you can go down to any steel supply and buy your material for cheap, i paid 10$ for all my material for my water block for cpu,vid card & cold plate. all aluminum, then i just used acad and drew up my water blocks and had them cut out, will post pictures soon(cpu block has 43.6sq. in. of internal water surface area. I used 24 1/8" fins. can give the dwg if anyone wants it.
Tim

if you're just watercooling, then you don't need a coldplate. coldplate's are for peltier use. if you're using a watercooled high-power peltier with a high-end tbird, then i'd get the thicker coldplate.. smaller pelt and intel processor, thinner coldplate.

oh.......thanks for the link and also thank for the input of all folks....
:)

Back