• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike K

I just picked this up today at CompUSA for $25. I am trying to install it under Win98 and I can't get it to work. I tried just using it without the software but nothing happened. So I installed the software and nothing is happening. I log into the default name and press connnect on the reciever and then on the mouse. I swapped the batteries, and it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks

Ok~ Did you have a USB mouse in the first place? What connection are you useing~ do you have all the latest drivers?

No I had the old mouse on PS/2 and I am tried the new mouse on PS/2 and USB and none of them worked. I'm using the drivers from the cd.

use the usb if possible and if its not detecting it when you're plugging in the mouse, theres something wrong with the mouse. The logitech cordless optical should be detected and useable fine without driver installation in win98.

It's detecting a USB Human Interface Device or something like that. I'm downloading the new drivers from Logitech now and if it still doesn't work I will try the 4in1s. I'll try it on my other rig with XP to see if there's a problem with the mouse. I don't have any windows updates, it would take too long with dial up.

Back