• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do u use your amd retail heatsink for

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I took the fan off and using it as one of the fans of my blow hole.
HS is in a box in my basement.

in a safe box.. if you buy a retail processor and want to ship it back b/c of a problem to amd you HAVE to have the HSF and the serial number off the top of the fan. they never ask anything about the chip. just want that number and both sent back. i spent a day rewiring a fan inside b/c i moddd it for molex. KEEP THEM SAFE!!

uuuhh. I am in the process of cutting it into ramsinks...and drilling a hole in the processor it came with. First glass? core processor and didn't know how easily they broke. chipped the whole side off it. now it makes a great worry stone.

Personally i wouldnt touch the insides of a cpu with my skin. Alot of controversy over what kind of chemicals and such are used and some say its really nasty stuff. And yes, keep that heatsink....with that little serial number sticker nice and safe, heh just keep the sticker safe and make sure you can buy another heatsink~fan if you ever had to. I would rather just stick em somewhere safe though.

Back