• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do u use your amd retail heatsink for

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the stock heatsinks are wonderful things, IMHO! Just not for use on a modern CPU :D

I'm using some of mine for:

a vid card cooler
a homemade waterblock
a paperweight

just thought of another use: business card holder! lol

I have one cooling my GeForce 3 Ti500.. i don't think it's doing so well though. Might have to get something else.

if i had a retail HSF i would use it on my Duron 750Mhz in my dad's computer. the stock HSF for that processor really sucks :)

i would imagine that they make great ram sinks. all the fins....

Hmm, I never got one of those, decided to buy OEM and get my own HSF. Now that I watercool I keep my heatsink in its box, In my closet, just in case i had to switch over to Air cooling while a work on the Watercooling setup.

I use it for cooling my processor! Imagine that....

Well acctually that is what I use it for because I used to have a volcano 7+ but I learned that it isnt very wise for some people to buy big heavy heatsinks when they are still n00bs. So I put it on, crushed the core, and was afraid to put it back on. So once when my comptuer was at a repair show (I was still a n00b), the guy took my heatsink off and had it laying on the counter copper side down, so now it has scratches on the bottom. So the other day I overclocked my video card some and I couldnt get enough of this overclocking stuff, so I went to put it back on, but my temps weren't much better than with my stock HS. So I took it off, and I am going to lap it. Then I will put it on again.

i play with mine, i keep it as a dashboard toy. anyone who gets in my car and asks what it is i till them to stick it out side the car a while then put it on thier face. it always shocks them how cold it gets at 60 miles an hour.

just sat and collected dust untill the day i stuck my finger in my volcano7. i used it for 2 weeks and could not take it anymore. i strapped the 60mm fan from the amd fan onto the volcano sink and the temp dropped 7c instantly. i was thinking of turning it into a waterblock.

~z

Back