• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400+ T-Bred -B Able to SMP???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atari

Hey all my first post! =P

I dont if this questions has been asked yet or not but have the 2400+ been able to go SMP with the L5 bridge trick?

I'm building a new system and it's been eating me for weeks on what to get. Yes I use multithreaded apps (3danimator/programmer) ofcourse I do play the occasional game once in awhile =). But the problem i'm having is the lack of new chipsets from AMD.. 760mpx sounds like the end until the opteron comes around. No support for 8x AGP kinda sux. So it's tough to say which to go for. ANY opinions would help. If the 2400+ can go SMP then no doubt i'm going dual AMD. But if it doesnt I'll be leaning towards the P4 2.8 since being able to hit 3.4ghz , having a faster memory type , and 8xAGP = a better all around system.

Thanx a ton all for any info yah got!

PS. on the MSI Master dual board what the fastest DDR memory you can put in it?? Not Registered..

[color=ff9000]Welcome To The Forums[/color]

I know that the MSI k7d master will run the 2200, 2400, and 2600 with a bios update, but i'm not sure about having to connect the L5's.

The max fsb the MSI board will allow is 150mhz... so that's pc2400 ram.

I am going to get the same board, and I will probably use samsung pc2700 ecc registered ram on it.

Thanx a ton for the info Funkdamonkman!

I guess i'll wait a few to see if the 2400+ can be unlocked with the L5 bridge. I think it will unlock since I havent heard of any outside modding of the T-Bred B chips that would block it. (other than the normal laser cut that you can just fill and connect).

Atari said:
Thanx a ton for the info Funkdamonkman!

I guess i'll wait a few to see if the 2400+ can be unlocked with the L5 bridge. I think it will unlock since I havent heard of any outside modding of the T-Bred B chips that would block it. (other than the normal laser cut that you can just fill and connect).

1) BUMP, we're all still looking for some one that actually has a tbred XP moded to MP .....

2) Atari, the fear is not that the Tbred won't work as MP, BUT, that different bridges need to be worked on. Like, I think the normal "connect the L1 bridges" mult unlock trick we know from the paliminos doesn't work with the Tbreds. SO, we fear the MP trick may be different too. :(

Here's to hoping someone tries it out and lets us know .....

Go for it guys.

mpx2153.jpg

:cool:

If I gamble on the XP/MP mod, will this mobo boot up on only one cpu incase the mod fails on one cpu?

Audioaficionado said:
If I gamble on the XP/MP mod, will this mobo boot up on only one cpu incase the mod fails on one cpu?

Yes.

If the BIOS detects that one or both CPUs are not SMP capable, it will display a warning and boot as a single CPU system.

David

Back