• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You Know You Are A Computer Addict When...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My wife complains constantly because I have the window open in the office and she gets cold. I'm going to move her computer to a different room during the Christmas holidays.

And I thought I was the only one who checked my email at 3 in the morning.

With 2 monitors in the office, there really is no need for the lights to be turned on.

I almost had a heart attack when some ppl I was doing a job for took the 8gig drive I had just replaced and chucked it in the trash can. Luckily it was full of paper. Its now my backup drive :D

Your Christmas list is a website for your Sig. other and family, with links to locations to buy, images of items, and ideas for chosing the right gift.

Breadfan said:
LOL...yep! True story too, found out last friday, some guy at work ditched it...had a 450mhz K6-2 in it too...the INSANITY!!! ARGH!!!!

argh, thats crazy....the TJ computer club loves a good AT K62 system lol...please dont tell me it has agp otherwise ill track them down myselves lol.....

33. You can't find a comb, and so you use a Pentium 1 chip.
34. Anyone who uses your computer asks why the vacuum cleaner is always on in your house.
35. On your way to the bathroom before going to sleep you decide to check the next post by the guy you were arguing with in the Intel vs AMD or Ati vs Nvidia thread :)

deRusett said:
Your Christmas list is a website for your Sig. other and family, with links to locations to buy, images of items, and ideas for chosing the right gift.

this is soooo true , my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas ,as this is going to be a Gift Certificate Christmas, I gave her my PayPal account to deposit into .

27. You sit in the dark doing stuff on your computer and if you need more light in the room, you open up a blank internet explorer browser.
-D9K

oh wow i thought i was the ONLY one who did this one --this really cracked me up, i knew i was an addict, but wow i had no idea how far it has gone LOL :D

I do that alot

Karl

"35. On your way to the bathroom before going to sleep you decide to check the next post by the guy you were arguing with in the Intel vs AMD or Ati vs Nvidia thread :)

CyberFed said:
27. You sit in the dark doing stuff on your computer and if you need more light in the room, you open up a blank internet explorer browser.
-D9K

oh wow i thought i was the ONLY one who did this one --this really cracked me up, i knew i was an addict, but wow i had no idea how far it has gone LOL :D
I never even read that one..... LMAO, That's me too! :D Except that I like Notepad better since it makes more of the screen white ;)

JigPu

36. You can easily justify having 3 computers on line in your living room to your wife and secretly want four because your router has four connections.

37. You spend more time in Forums reading and posting messages then you spend talking to your wife.

38. You ask for 512Meg of DDR 3500 for Christmas so you can have the old 256Meg of DDR 3200 for your secret rig (now as soon as the 1700+ "B" TBread comes out your ready!)

Last edited:
Mr.DLucey said:

37. You spend more time in Forums reading and posting messages then you spend talking to your wife. All too true- but now shes reading with me some of the time and is getting to know the DarkSide of computing, but shes also etting wise to the comments like...

38. You ask for 512Meg of DDR 3500 for Christmas so you can have the old 256Meg of DDR 3200 for your secret rig (now as soon as the 1700+ TBread comes out your ready!)

Another one to add to the list:

when you burn up a cpu/mobo because your radiator didn't have quite enough antifreeze in it and 2v vcore:(
And then you start looking for volt mods for the spare motherboard..........

40: When you move all your computers to the basement cuz its colder down there.
41: You move your bed to the basement cuz thats where the computers are.
42: You find your old 386 in the basement, and think of reviving it and learning assembly for the sole purpose of created an ornate alarm clock
43: You destroy a pentium 166 pro that was also in your basement because you want the heatsink on it for your Geforce 4's ram.
44: You wonder why your girlfriend doesn't know what the UDP protocol is.

i use a 100mhz K-5 for a combe... and used it's HSF for Ramsinks...

45. you start to say "np" for no problem and think nothing of it unteill you freind looks at you quizzicly and says "wtf was that supposed to mean?"

:D :eh?: :D

Back