• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie needs advie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chalky

Registered
Hi everyone....simple question to all you serious overclockers out there...

Got a crappy duron 1300 in my ASUS AV7333 Mobo...what you lot think i could out of this this? its currently running at 100mhz fsb and its multi is on 14?...surely i should be able the get this board to run it alot quicker and keep it stable.

Thanks.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Your Duron is running at 100x13, for 1300MHz. You should be able to OC to around 1500MHz with good air cooling, but a better way to increase your system performence is to lower your multiplier, and increase your FSB. That extra bandwidth will be better than with just higher CPU speed.

Thanks kato..i think ill uppgrade my processor when i get the chance..what processor you think i shuold go for to get the full benefits of the AV7333..the athlon 2.6?

Thanks for your help everyone. After reading all your advice..

I unlock my cpu last night (HOW SMALL ARE THOSE L1 CONNECTORS!!!) with a penicil.

After numouros different combinations with the multi and the fsb the highest i got was 1445.6 mhz..this was running pretty damn hot on kept freezing in windows IF it geven got in.

So i kept on lewering until it was satble and i was happy with the temp.Eventually I got it stable at 1378.3. 11x125.3 dropping the mutil by 2

More than happy with this for my first overclocking of a pc...makes you realise how much work you lot put into getting your systems going.

Your mobo have a 1/5 divider, so try to lower your multiplier to 8, and up the FSB to 166. It should work with the same voltage you are using now, and more bandwidth, while your AGP/PCI are all in perfect spec:D

That of course if your memory can run at DDR333. What kind of memory do you have?

Back