• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's holding me back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

As of now, I'm at 11.5*155 stable. I can reach 157 and run sisoftware with no problems, but errors in prime95.

The only thing i'd think setting me back is my motherboard(No 1/5 divider). I have decent cooling(38/31C @1.8v).

Anyone with ideas? I was thinking of switching to an epox 8k3a since it's a nice all around board w/a 1/5 divider, but don't really want to go to the trouble if my motherboard isn't the thing keeping me from further OCing.

well the higher fsb I go, I get the dreaded "the file...system" is missing or corrupted". Easily fixed with the XP cd, but still annoying. This leads me to think that the first error I'm encoutering is the divider.

But even if you rectified that problem you might still not get much further with that chip - certainly not worth investing US$100+ for a potentially minimal overclock! Do you have access to higher multis (over 12.5) if so drop the FSB and try overclocking that way to see where it limits out.

Yeah, I guess that's the first thing I'll try. My first attempt at unlocking resulted in only being able to pick the 11 multipliar. I then removed the defogger 'paint' and now I only have a 11.5 mulipliar :mad:

lol, I'll have to try again later.

OC detective is probably right, you might me near the limits.

But.. I feel you are right about the divider. Your running a PCI CLK at 40MHZ this isn't too extreme, but it could be screwing with your HDD which inturn is giving your corupted system files.

Before you buy another mobo, try testing it like the detective said. Or if you have an extra HDD try swaping out the exsisting one. In my experiences, the CPU won't cause corupted files, but you are already near the air cooling limit.

Back