• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC set-up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NO LIFE

This is my first try at WC'ing and I have a few questions.

1) Here is what I plan to have my set-up as.
WC set-up.gif

Is it ok the have the water go: Rad>>Pump>>Block>>Res>>Rad??

2) Also would my eheim 1250 heat up the water? I would like to have the water go to my Rad then the block but that doesnt seem possible. If my pumps doest heat the water that much I should be fine.

Thanks,
-JP

Last edited:
The pump will heat up the water a little, which is common. I like to go pump>>rad>> other stuff... for best cooling. Looks like you could fairly easily reverse your setup, right?

The heat contribution is minimal.

Cathar has posted on this specific issue many times, try searching for the post.

Basically, the heat increase would be around .015C.

Cathar posted this on 2-06-03 5:22am

"I did some rough measurements with an Eheim 1250, and working out the thermal mass of the total system being used, and then took water readings every 5 minutes to track the temperature rise due to pump heat alone with a semi-insulated system.

I worked out around 6W of pump heat was being added to the water by my method, which I rounded up to a more pessimistic 8W to be on the safe side.

At a 1.5gpm flow rate, which is what an Eheim 1250 which typically push at least through most 1/2" systems commonly in use today, the pump will add about 0.015C to the water temperature as it flows through the pump.

That's pretty small!"

Wangster

Hmmmm....a rad in front of a rad.....interesting. :p ;)

I hope you mean my rad in front of my block...right?

Back