• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tank-0-Matic + Swiftech 8500A no good :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

candy7man24

Registered
I made a big mistake when ordering my parts, I got a swiftech 8500A kit which comes with 1/2 tubing, for the resevoir I went with innovatek tank-o-matic. The only problem is that it did not occur to me to check the fittings! :mad: Well the tank-o-matic comes with 8mm fittings I know it is smaller than 3/8. There is a 3/8 adapter you can get for $5 but that is still not 1/2. Now I cannot seem to find for the love of god any 3/8 - 1/2 adapters and if I do is this recommended? Lastly is there any reliable 1/2 resevoirs out there? Any help would be immensely appreciated it.

I hate when the fittings don't all add up !
Also, I have looked and looked and think that the best Res is the one that you make. Sorry not much help there. But on the tank-o-matic why don't you change the fittings?

The threads in the Tank-O-Matic are 1/4" British straight threads.
HOWEVER, you can use 1/4" NPT (same size and thread spacing but tapered) if you're careful and use a little sealant on the threads.....be careful not to over tighten them.
So.....you can use a standard 1/2" barb with male 1/4" NPT threads and be back in business. :cool:
The down side.....the inlet and outlet holes in the tank are smaller than the 1/2" tubing you plan to use, so will be a restriction in your system.

Good luck.

Thanks for the great help but I found something interesting. I went to Home Depot with the tank and the tubing the kit came with. I went to try 1/4" fittings and to my suprised they would go in a little bit but then it would get really hard to make it go in. So a little bit of asking pretty much got waht dutchcedar said, the threads were non-standard so I was pretty much out of luck. The interesting thing was that I was looking at the tube that I brought and it says 1/2" OD 3/8"ID!!! :eek: so does this means I need 3/8" fittings? If so is this what I need?

http://www.sharkacorp.com/cgi-bin/TLSstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=barb-38

They are made for Innovatek products. So now I am more confused than ever, I thought the Swiftech h20-8500A was suppose to be a 1/2" kit. I looked at some 3/8" fittings and the tube fit like a charm.

Side question, is there anywhere were I can get good reliable clamps? Home Depot just had the big screw driven one. Thanks so much

I feel your pain.....its frustrating when the I.D.s, the O.D.s, the tapered threads, the metric threads, etc., etc., all get bouncing in your head but the right stuff ain't on the store shelf. :p There's ALWAYS something that ALMOST works......

Enough of the rant.....the barbed fittings at Sharka look like the perfect answer for ya. If ya grab 'em, tell us how they work out.

Back