• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard mounting hole DIAMETER

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

What's the diameter of the holes on the mobo? And/or how big should I drill the holes in the block?

Also, do you think if I make the block 3-1/2" wide that might be too big (and hit mobo components)? The reason it will be 3-1/2 is I don't see any other way to fit all 3 barbs on there.

I use #6-32 machine screws to mount my waterblocks. Epox boards tend to have small holes, whereas Soyo boards have huge mounting holes. I don't think anybody pays attention to the AMD specs anymore.

It is possible to fit 3 barbs on a 2x3 WB, I do it all the time. It's much easier to do with 1/4NPT barbs than 3/8 NPT. If you have room for a 3.5" WB on your board, go for it. If you still need help, let me know.

wharlst we are on the subject do you know the spacing of these holes i have lost the mesurements i took and i dont want to strip down my system to mesure them again.

ps. im also looking for dimentions for the whole gforce + radeon range.
post or pm. me if you have them

thanx

Back