• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damn this 1250!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the air should work itself out eventually, but as for the noise, how is it secured to the case? i have the 1048 and i taped it to the bottom of my case, and have it sitting intop of a foam block, so there is no noise, and minimal vibrations.

having owned both 1048 and 1250....
i'm gonna have to say there is no compare.. the 1048 is like a toy compared to the 1250.....
1250 is one mofo huge pump.. vibrates like craZy.. no way to completely stop the vibration..
and takes much longer for bubblse to work themselves away..

1250 is no fun :(

:rolleyes:

hmmmm put some rubber foam (mouse pad) on the bottom of the 1250... that should reduce the noise level alot. I am just trying to offer a solution here...

My 1250 is sitting on foam. Its quiet, still huge :D, and the air goes away after a few hours with a T line.

yea just put some foam underneath it, make sure its secure. the bubbls will take about a day or so to get out. it is a pretty big pump but then look at the 1260.

I don't have an eheim pump, but I can bet most of the noise will go away once ya get all the air out. Air + Pump= Lottsa Noise.

peace.
unloaded

The Spyder said:
Got rid of the air~ put a foam mouse pad underneath~ now i just have a "humm"

You need to work on the vibration damping then. The mousepad might not be good enough. I don't even think I can hear my pump unless I stick my ear next to it.

I've got one in my cube. The only thing is that humm. Im trying out all sorts of stuff. haven't come up with a good solution yet.

Back