• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

chilled water cooling. how does it work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well some people do that, some hook up refridge phase change loops to, basicly all it is, is chillin the resovour

Sometimes yes.

there are peltier chillers, there are fridge chillers, there are freezer chillers, and there are compressor chillers where you tear a fridge apart and submerse the cooling coils directly into a resevoir. There are also more extreme phase change coolers (think lower than -20C possible) that are discussed in the extreme cooling section.

emericanchaos said:
i understand you're refridgerating the water in some way but how? do you keep a mini fridge next to the PC or something?

Well where you want to look for parts depends what kinds of parts you are looking for... what do you want to get? a mini fridge? Do you have a wc setup already or no? there is a sticky that lists places to buy that stuff i believe.

i don't have a water cooling setup as of yet. i asked because i'm gong to college soon and i need a mini fridge anyway. so if i could kill 2 birds with one stone.

i think i'll start with a water cooling kit because it would be somewhat portable for when i move into school. plus it will be an imporovement over what i'm currently running. i alerady bought 1 120mm fan for my heatsink. may end up buying another for a blowhole than i could just use those as fans for the radiator.

i have a good idea on how water cooling works and it doesn't seem all that difficult to create a setup. i would have one setup now if it wasn't for money. basically i need a pump a radiotor a waterblock and some fans to cool the radiator. the rest is misc. fittings and tubing.

i planned on getting one of the popular antec cases and stuffing a kit in there. or a nice lian li but that's a bit expensive for my purposes unless i was just going for looks.

Last edited:
actually most pre-made cooling system get extremely out preformed by the SLK-800

kit=setup i make. i def. don't want a premade kit. sorry i used the term i was trying to use shorthand because i was tired of typing 'system'.

Back