• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O-rings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

What kind of O-rings do you guys use for your water block, what is it made for? Do you just get them at an autoparts store or where?

Thanks,
Cheese Eater and Beaver Beater

The White Water block uses BS137 standard sized O-rings. The size of the O-rings that a block uses is totally dependent upon the size of the O-ring channel. You can pick up standard sized O-rings at any bearings supply store. O-rings, like screws, come in imperial and metric sizes. Also like screws, the metric versions cost about twice as much as the imperial versions.

Bearings supply store? Never heard of such a thing :)? Like ball bearings? :A

I am not going to cut the o-ring slot till I have the O-ring, and I will use the forumula found in a procooling.com post. Now I have 2 options. Cutting a square channel manually. Or using CNC to cut one w/ a nice radius. I'm assuming one w/ a radius.

Thanks for the help... AGAIN

DeathONator said:
Bearings supply store? Never heard of such a thing :)? Like ball bearings? :A

Yes, as in like ball-bearings. Bearings supply stores sell stuff to do with the rotational movement of parts and joining separate parts to each other, and the sealing of those parts. O-rings are often used as the sealing mechanism on such things. They are absolutely everywhere but most people don't know that they exist unless you're explicitly in the trade looking for bearings of some kind.

Back