• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starting off ?'s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Homer

Starting off ?'s (now i need ur help)

okay i got some of my parts in for my 1st watercooling system:

Maze 3 1/2"
Maxijet 1200 (picking it up tomorrow)
F150 heatercore
Water Wetter
T fitting 1/2"
10' Clearflex tubing 1/2"

now i need to know couple of things (plz bare with me 1st timer to this dont want to mess things up)

*do i need to clean out my heatercore even though its new? if so how do i do so?
*my heatercore has 5/8 fittings and would or can my tubing fit in or would i need to heat the tube then fit it on?
*even though i havent recieved my pump yet how can i get barbs on them and well i need to use teflon or special glue to put them on?
*i just got my block today, do i need to do anything to it or just leave it alone?
*finally how much water wetter do i put in? do i need to put half distilled water and the rest water wetter?

Last edited:
WOW alot of em:

Well I would read the instructions on the Water Wetter Bottle if they are on there of course if not........not sure I just wing it myself. I know it's not 50/50 tho. Do NOT heat the tubing and I would say leave the water block alone to be safe. I suppose a good rinsing would do more good than harm to you core. I used distilled water with my setup.

Your 1/2 tubing should fit the 5/8 barbs on the core.

If you do some math you see that the 5/8 is just slightly bigger than the 1/2. Of course, this depends on how flexible your tubing is.
I fitted my 1/2 silicone tubing on a much bigger barb (probably 6 och 7/8 barb) using my SOG powerplier tong.

yeah, your tubing should stretch over the fittings. make sure you use hose clamps everywhere though to secure it all up.

water wetter is usually used one ounce per quart, or pint, I forget which. this basically means around 3-4 capfuls is fine.

dont bother cleaning the heatercore if its new.

you're only fitting issue is going to be the maxijet. the outlet is fit for 1/2" tubing, and should work fine with just a clamp. when you clamp the outlet, make sure you get the clamp centered over the outlet so that you dont put pressure on the top of it. uneven clamping force, can lead to breaking of the fitting. you might want to get some marine silicone or marine goop to seal the maxijet fittings, since there's no barb involved. the pump inlet is I believe 3/4", since I couldnt get my tubing to stretch over it. yours might, but if not, go to home depot, get a 1 foot section of silicone hose of 3/4" ID, and get a 3/4" barb with some form of thread and a 1/2" barb with the opposite thread and that'll reduce it down for you.

hope that helps. you'll understand more clearely when you get your pump

For my maxi... I did something different...

Click here for a thread with my info.

I reccomend putting a little bit of silicone on the impeller housing before sliding the fitting over it. It does fit EXTREMELY well, though. I should have tested without the silicone.

Shroomer said:
For my maxi... I did something different...

Click here for a thread with my info.

I reccomend putting a little bit of silicone on the impeller housing before sliding the fitting over it. It does fit EXTREMELY well, though. I should have tested without the silicone.

What kind of silicone should you put on the impeller housing? Doe that help to slip the tubing on? Will that pollute the water at all?

It's really hard to explain. Did you download the picture? I guess it's just a fitting to downsize the 3/4" inlet of the pump to 1/2". Go to the link, find my name, download the pic. I just put a little dab of marine goop around the inlet barb to secure the fitting.

It was, however VERY secure without any adhesive. I had a hard time getting it off to put the goop on, so be sparing with the goop. I had a nice little bead around the fitting when I was done.

Homer said:
okay i got some of my parts in for my 1st watercooling system:

Maze 3 1/2"
Maxijet 1200 (picking it up tomorrow)
F150 heatercore
Water Wetter
T fitting 1/2"
10' Clearflex tubing 1/2"

now i need to know couple of things (plz bare with me 1st timer to this dont want to mess things up)

*do i need to clean out my heatercore even though its new? if so how do i do so?
*my heatercore has 5/8 fittings and would or can my tubing fit in or would i need to heat the tube then fit it on?
*even though i havent recieved my pump yet how can i get barbs on them and well i need to use teflon or special glue to put them on?
*i just got my block today, do i need to do anything to it or just leave it alone?
*finally how much water wetter do i put in? do i need to put half distilled water and the rest water wetter?

*do i need to clean out my heatercore even though its new? if so how do i do so? I did not clean mine out but I did flow testing with normal water about 10 times to see if it leaked then the last thing I did was test outside with distilled water. The water throught the Heatercore first time or last had anything in it.
The copper is 5/8 O.D. 1/2 I.D. You should heat the tubing in boiling water then stretch in on.

*even though i havent recieved my pump yet how can i get barbs on them and well i need to use teflon or special glue to put them on? The output of the pump is 1/2 and the tubing slips right on.
Use a clamp. The inlet is 3/4. The easiest way is to get 3/4 Tubing and a 3/4 barb and the a 1/2 barb that wil screw into the 3/4 barb threads.
*i just got my block today, do i need to do anything to it or just leave it alone? Some people say lap it. I say leave it as long as there are no scratches in the CPU area.
*finally how much water wetter do i put in? do i need to put half distilled water and the rest water wetter? 1oz per gallon however your system will hold about a quart. Say 1 Tablespoon should do it.

Looks good the only difference is the block, I got an EVO, and a 3/4 inch Barb instaled on the Heatercore and ran 3/4 tube to the pump inlet :)

thx for the input guys......now i need ur guys help.
here is my setup:

Testing_2.jpg

i think i added water wetter too soon. was i supose to wait for all the bubbles to escape before i add it. doh!!! i thought it would be okay too add and when i did it started to foam. is that okay? should i flush it out and start over again or am i not patient enough. but i notice when i added the water wetter i got less air bubbles. i also notice that im getting air bubbles or turbulance from the outlet of the waterblock as u can see, thats the only spot that has air bubbles. theres no leaks what so ever and everything is clamped. what should i do?

I say give it a few hours. I added Rit whitner and brightner so my water glows blue purple but I added it just before I filled and turned on the pump. I got EXACTLY what you got, but in 2 hours it settled down and now the water is clear except where the UV light reacts with it. It almost looks like the water is floating as you cannot see the tubing walls. Wierd. I hear a green scub pad helps if you have a res. I would wait also I don't have watter wetter. Pic soon.>
lower right After the bubbles cleared up and the foaming stopped!!!

Last edited:
Testing_2.jpg

Does it matter that the T line is at the lowest part of the system? Don't you want it at the highest part to get rid of air bubbles or does it matter?

When i was putting together my kit yesterday i found that having the T as the highest point makes it alot easier to drain bubbles.
I tryed alot of different fittings.

thx for the replies but all the bubbles are gone now, time to put all my components together.... :D

Back