• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700np to 9800pro?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NcBaller1985

I'm bout to buy a new graphics card and I want to know if I can OC an ATI Radeon 9700np to a 9800pro???? I got a handy Zalman Heatsink w/heat pipe and a nice 60mm fan on it. Is it possiable or maybe pushing it to far????

im not sure about 9800 pro speeds, but you should definetly be able to reach 9700 Pro speeds.

Does it matter what brand I go with??? Like which brands are the best....other then buying an actual ATI 9700??? Need help soon...I'm not patient and I want my graphics card!!!!!

You can get the core to the same clock speed as the 9800pro but the 9800pro has some extra features and upgrades that 9700 doesnt, but if you overclock it enough yes yours can perform very close to a 9800pro.

Try and get a sapphire 9700 np. They have a good chance of having the 2.8ns ram on them. Which is identicle to the 9700pro ram.

Back