• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

**DEAD DEAL** DVD+ Burner 10$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was thinking about doing it to, it says 0 dollars minus a 20 dollar rebate though....

I also ordered 2. But after talking to a sales rep he said that the item number was incorrect and that they are would be billed at $99 a piece and that any orders that are placed would go to limbo land and never be processed due to the snafu and if they did it would be at the $99 price.

So if you placed any orders call them and make sure they get cancelled before your statement arrives with the adjusted price on it.

:( it was to good to be true! :(

Dear TigerDirect.com customer:

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent order.

We are currently holding your order because one of the items, item number B145-2040, a 4x4x12x DVD+RW drive, was erroneously added to your shopping cart at a cost of $0.00. The actual sale price for this drive is $119.99 less a $20 mail in rebate for a final cost of $99.99. If you wish to order this item at the correct price please call us at 1.800.800.8300, reply to this e mail directly or visit us at www.tigerdirect.com and place a new order for item number U10-9010. We changed the item number but the product is the same as you ordered previously.

We value your continued business and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

TigerDirect.com Customer Care Department

Uhh....im pretty sure they have to honor the price they posted when you made the purchase. They cant just take back YOUR order because THEY made a mistake. Same thing happened to me at circuit city. Got a really awsome printer for $200 cheaper than normal b/c they made a typo.

NO LIFE said:
Uhh....im pretty sure they have to honor the price they posted when you made the purchase. They cant just take back YOUR order because THEY made a mistake. Same thing happened to me at circuit city. Got a really awsome printer for $200 cheaper than normal b/c they made a typo.

Order Acceptance Policy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. TigerDirect reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. TigerDirect reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. All orders placed over $2000.00 (U.S.) must obtain pre-approval with an acceptable method of payment, as established by our credit and fraud avoidance department. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. TigerDirect is a reseller to end user customers and does not accept orders from computer dealers, exporters, wholesalers, or other customers who intend to resell the products offered by TigerDirect.

They do not have to honor it.

orion25 said:

They do not have to honor it.

i agree. it is against the law to advertise an item, and then switch the price afterwards..."bait and switch"

it is considered false advertisement, and if i was to place an order at the time it was at 0.00 dollars, i would insist they honor it.

i'm not the type to sue, but those of you who are, might want to do so, as this was their mistake, and not the customers mistake. i'm sure the 0.00 dollar price has attracted many more people to that item than the 119.00 dollar price would have, so, it is clear that they may have profited off their "mistake". :rolleyes:

Why waste the time and effort to sue when if it did go to court you would spend more on a laywer than the drive is worth. Tigerdirect is a crap comany, you take your chances on quality as well as customer support.

If anything they should give us(people that ordered it for $0.00) the option of buying the drive at thier cost and not at retail cost. It would have been a better way to say that they were sorry with out loosing any money on thier part.

Back