• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this PSU worth getting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dalchi Frusche

Can't beat the price, but is the quality worth getting? I was thinking about getting it to have on hand for an HTPC or glorified internet browser. I saw the 750 in this series on the recommended list, but nothing about this one.

Thermaltake Smart Series 600W Power Supply - SLI/CrossFire Ready, Continuous Power, ATX 12V V2.3 / EPS 12V, 80 PLUS Certified, Active PFC, Haswell Ready
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9861184&Sku=

A quick glance at gooe shows its a tier 2 psu so it will be fine. :)

Being an htpc, I'm sure you could get a 450w psu or so and save even more money.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it, but it should do just fine for you.

The only thing I don't like about it is it being non-modular and only a single 12v rail. But for $5..... it's hard to argue with that. But good thing I know how to sleeve non-modular PSUs and make them look nice. Need to get a crimper though and I can shorten cables when I use it.

- - - Updated - - -

You can use it to power the mood lighting in that man cave of yours :D

SIngle 12v rail is what you want...;)

Agreed. I prefer single rail. That argument died about 3-4 years ago IIRC. Mine will be used as a spare PSU for my back up rig. Currently using a CM 400W that's close to 9 years old. :chair:

For anyone ordering and counting on the MIR, there's allot of forms to fill out and send in. I'll bet Thermaltake is counting on many of us screwing up the paperwork. Also, there are 2x$25 rebates, not a single one. Both request the original UPC so I'm wondering if that could be a snag or delay in the MIR. ??? I plan on mailing both Rebates in the same envelope with the UPC.

UPDATE!

So here we are 3 months later and over due for an update.

Re-cap: There are 2 MIR's but only one UPC. So I wasn't sure how they would handle both rebates. So I decided to mail in all the documents in one envelope with both rebates together. I was sort of expecting only one of the rebates to be approved.

One rebate was approved and has been mailed out. Still waiting for it to be delivered. The other was declines for "failure to receive documents". Then out of the blue and 3 months later, I received an E-Mail from Thermaltake yesterday that it was approved. So it looks like TT will make good on their MIR's you just have to be very patient.

Hopefully they'll come in in the next few days/weeks. I need more gear.

:salute:

So here we are 3 months later and over due for an update.

Re-cap: There are 2 MIR's but only one UPC. So I wasn't sure how they would handle both rebates. So I decided to mail in all the documents in one envelope with both rebates together. I was sort of expecting only one of the rebates to be approved.

One rebate was approved and has been mailed out. Still waiting for it to be delivered. The other was declines for "failure to receive documents". Then out of the blue and 3 months later, I received an E-Mail from Thermaltake yesterday that it was approved. So it looks like TT will make good on their MIR's you just have to be very patient.

Hopefully they'll come in in the next few days/weeks. I need more gear.

:salute:

Glad the rebates worked out ok. Nothing like a little spending money for new shiny things :D

I never get rebates back. When I got my new case it had a $25 rebate. Didn't even bothered with it as I know it won't come through. Glad it worked out for ya Blay!

Back