• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help to build a new PC.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've never cared too much about it. Like it or not, AS5 is the "go to" thermal compound for whatever reason.

Not sure what capacitance matters for thermal transfer anyway. It works fine according to the myriad of benchmark tests that exist. There's tons of options, most work about the same anyway so whatever haha.

Capacitance matters because we're talking about goo that you're going to squirt onto a CPU. If it gets into the socket contacts, or anywhere else where it can cause a short, you're in big trouble.

AS 5 seems like an overpriced thing. It is expensive comparing to other thermal compounds. What are other reputable brands besides AS and cooler master? Pcpart picker gives only few.

Grab NTH1 or MX2 or MX4. They've served me well. There are lots of good ones.

The reality is you're going to see maybe 2-3c difference from the best of the best to the worst. The heatsink mount and application of TIM is more important then the actual TIM used. TheOCN makes a valid point with AS5 and it's capacitance, though I've used it for years without issue. Unless you looking for every last but of cooling you can get just get whatever is cheap and call it a day. I've been using MX2 lately because I bought it on sale, it's pretty good going on and also cleaning up.

If you're squirting enough to get it places it shouldn't, you're doing it wrong haha

I never hazard assuming the person I'm recommending thermal paste to knows how much he should and shouldn't be using. I prefer to recommend a TIM that not only is non capacitive, but also has better performance from day 1 with no break in period. And is easier to clean off to boot. :D

Want to pick some decent wireles adapter for PC. Need some advise which to pick around $40, preferably some deal.)

Last edited:
Looks like a decent wi-fi card. The only thing that bothers me is that most of reviews on youtube are from a year ago(2013). Is there a successor in this line from 2014 or 2015?

Ordered that adapter and waiting for it.

Unfortunately I found a problem with my mech keyboard. The switch in the letter "G" registers from time to time 2 or 3 times per one stroke. How can I fix it or what to do? The keyboard is Tesoro Excalibur. I use the keyboard with my laptop at the moment.) And I did not instal any drivers.

Ordered that adapter and waiting for it.

Unfortunately I found a problem with my mech keyboard. The switch in the letter "G" registers from time to time 2 or 3 times per one stroke. How can I fix it or what to do? The keyboard is Tesoro Excalibur. I use the keyboard with my laptop at the moment.) And I did not instal any drivers.

R to the M to the A.

I bought TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 adapter and freshly installed windows on my pc. First I installed drivers for adapter and then I started to download all other drivers from the Internet. I installed driver for video card, then for monitor and then I went to my mobo's site and started to instal all the drivers that were for my motherboard. After I installed drivers for onboard ethernet hardware and restarted my PC, it stopped to see my wireless adapter. Is there a way that, I can make them work together(wi-fi adapter and onboard ethernet)?

Last edited:
I bought TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 adapter and freshly installed windows on my pc. First I installed drivers for adapter and then I started to download all other drivers from the Internet. I installed driver for video card, then for monitor and then I went to my mobo's site and started to instal all the drivers that were for my motherboard. After I installed drivers for onboard ethernet hardware and restarted my PC, it stopped to see my wireless adapter. How can I make them work together?

Go to network connections and see if both your wireless adapter along with your onboard nic are present. If so disable the onboard nic and enable the wireless adapter. If you ever want to revert back to ethernet over the adapter then do the opposite and disable the wifi adapter and enable the onboard nic.

Edit: Just saw your edit. I don't know if teaming works with wireless and wired nic's. Someone else may have to help with that if it is even possible.

Thanks for advise, but my computer refused to see my adaptor and asked me to plug in my adaptor. Reinstalling adapter's drivers helped.

Back