• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help to build a new PC.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Go to Good will and pick up a $5 used keyboard. I got an original IBM "clicky" keyboard like that once. Dude, don't sweat this. It's just a keyboard.

Guys, the tesoro is pretty well reviewed and uses MX switches. Its "cheap" because it doesnt have fancy macro functions and USB pass through. Some of us frankly don't need/want/care for that extraneous stuff.

For the record I'm using a $9 microsoft keyboard. Been using it since 2010. I quite like it. I do have a $80 mouse though.

I lose my mind when I have to type on rubber dome keys. Absolutely hate it.

Dude, don't sweat this. It's just a keyboard.

It's a direct haptic link between you and your computer. Thats like saying "just goto good will and get a 20$ monitor, its just a monitor". You may not care, but others may.

Guys, the tesoro is pretty well reviewed and uses MX switches. Its "cheap" because it doesnt have fancy macro functions and USB pass through. Some of us frankly don't need/want/care for that extraneous stuff.

I lose my mind when I have to type on rubber dome keys. Absolutely hate it.

It's a direct haptic link between you and your computer. Thats like saying "just goto good will and get a 20$ monitor, its just a monitor". You may not care, but others may.

No believe me I care but I budget for performance where I'll feel it more. Keyboard I can deal with being crappy. Eventually I will get an MX red. I like those. But I'm saying I can TOLERATE a membrane board.

No believe me I care but I budget for performance where I'll feel it more. Keyboard I can deal with being crappy. Eventually I will get an MX red. I like those. But I'm saying I can TOLERATE a membrane board.

I shouldn't have said "didn't care"; more of a non issue for most people. I'm a competitive gamer (Dota 2 and counter strike) so a good keyboard is mandatory for me. For others that casually game or don't need a good keyboard, it is perhaps a superfluous cost addition.

that said, I personally am not willing to spend 200 on a Kaye board simply for a couple extra macro functions and 16.8 million colors I'll never use. The line is different for everyone I suppose :)

Should I continue asking for an advise for my situtation with Internet here, or should I create a separate topic in the Networking forum?

If someone has time, please explain me what is this in a plain language. http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-MCAB1...ds=Netgear+MCA1001+(MoCA);&pebp=1418490407152

Cause it seems like it is a router, but it is not. And can it somehow facilitate the use of that Coax cable in my room, of witch I provided pictures on the previous page?

I watched several videos and all they say is that, "you can basically do what ever you want with this thing."

Thank you for helping to choose parts for my computer. Special thanks to Trents, Theocnoob, bob4933, Mandrake4565.

Well, I got all the answers on the little questions that I had. Plus asking questions helped me to get to 100 posts without flooding.

Well, I gathered my baby yesterday. It booted. Must say that the case is tight. The side panels stick very close to the case, so when you are trying to take them off, it is impossible to take them carefully.

I need a thermal compound/grease/paste. I am going change thermal paste on three laptops. Also I want to have some leftovers, so I can change thermal paste on those laptops after some time again. Plus I have desktop that I might accommodate with after market cooler after some time, so I will need thermal compound for this also. Thus, I need a lot of thermal paste of high quality and cheap.
I have also several questions.
Is thermal compound, grease, paste is the same thing?
Is ceramic thermal compound will be ok for laptops and desktop?
How fast will thermal compound dry out in the container while being stored(or it does not dry out in the container)?

I was looking at these two products:
1)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
2)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Ceramique 2 is what I use... simply because that's what my local radio shack had available lol. It works great for me, and I've had it over a year and it's not dried out or anything.

I'd say get some AS5 and call it a day if you're shopping online.

Nooooo. AS5? Terrible performance until it breaks in, and even then it's not impressive. And it's capacitive. That's bad. Also a massive PITA to clean away and reapply compared to some other compounds like NTH1 and MX2/4. Stay away from Arctic Silver 5 OP. No offense Bob. We just have to agree to disagree here :D.

AS 5 seems like an overpriced thing. It is expensive comparing to other thermal compounds. What are other reputable brands besides AS and cooler master? Pcpart picker gives only few.

Nooooo. AS5? Terrible performance until it breaks in, and even then it's not impressive. And it's capacitive. That's bad. Also a massive PITA to clean away and reapply compared to some other compounds like NTH1 and MX2/4. Stay away from Arctic Silver 5 OP. No offense Bob. We just have to agree to disagree here :D.

I've never cared too much about it. Like it or not, AS5 is the "go to" thermal compound for whatever reason.

Not sure what capacitance matters for thermal transfer anyway. It works fine according to the myriad of benchmark tests that exist. There's tons of options, most work about the same anyway so whatever haha.

Back