• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with ocin amd 1.33ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newguy123

Hello

How do i change the Multiplyer settings on a Asus a7a ddr mem. I have a Tbird 1.33ghz CPU wanting to try to overclock it to 1.5ghz but i dont know how to change the Multiplyers on the new asus a7a motherboards.

thanks

Newguy123

But the manual usually says how to adjust the multiplyers to what position on or off. and this one only has 1-4 it tell u what to do with. But there is 1-10 on the dip switch and i dont know how to change the multiplyer on the asus a7a.

On the motherboard it only goes up to 12.0x Multiplyer is there a way to put it up to 13.5x? Or do i just put it up to 12.0x and then just up the FSB ??

I just need help on how to adjust the Mutiplyer because it wont let me highlight that option in bios?

Thanks for any advice

Newguy123

Newguy123 (Apr 25, 2001 09:52 p.m.):
But the manual usually says how to adjust the multiplyers to what position on or off. and this one only has 1-4 it tell u what to do with. But there is 1-10 on the dip switch and i dont know how to change the multiplyer on the asus a7a.

On the motherboard it only goes up to 12.0x Multiplyer is there a way to put it up to 13.5x? Or do i just put it up to 12.0x and then just up the FSB ??

I just need help on how to adjust the Mutiplyer because it wont let me highlight that option in bios?

Thanks for any advice

Newguy123

I'm not too familiar with the A7A but I can tell you that you probably don't want to use a 12X multiplier. With a 133Fsb that would put you at 1596mhz. It's unlikely that you can run stable at this speed even if can post and get into windows (especially at normal vcore and air cooling). Keep the default multiplier and up the FSB in small increments.

I totally understand what you're saying about the manuals being confusing at times, especially when dipswitches are involved. Try posting in AMD Motherboards forum; I'm sure some of the people in there have the A7A and can help you with board specific answers.

Good luck

Amiel

I uped the FSB pretty much max it can go. i can only get it to run at 1400mhz. Today i was in a computer store looking at fans and found a Goldwin Fop 38 with a Delta Fan 38 CFM fan. That is the first store i ever saw around here that had a fan and heatsink like that. That fan is so loud.

I also have a Asus A7V What bios version would you recommend me to upgrade too? Whats the point of updateing the bios? Do you have to?

Thanks

Newguy123

Back