• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd k6-2 / jetway 530 bf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toki

Hi all ,
I have the jetway 530 bf mobo and the k6-2 533 chip with 192 apacer pc 133 sdram, The jetway mobo only supports up to 112 mhz officially, i did manage to get 124 and 133 mhz fsb out ,
When i use the 124 or 133 mhz with the sdram clock asynchronous jumper off it would boot , but with the post screen looking funny and boxes everywhere,
With the sdram clock asynchronous on it would just post up fine ,evrything looking fine , Can someone explain to me what does the the sdram clock asynchronous setting means? , All i know about this is that it lowers your ram speed when your fsb is too high and your ram cannot handle it, and it has nothing to do with your pci bus speed right ? .

If so why would the post screen look funny when the the sdram clock asynchronous is set off as i do have pc 133 ram it should manage ,
ps:please be gentle , i have never been good with words ...
thanks

Back