• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m0dified79

Hey guys, first time posting... First off let me say... you guys have a great site going here wish I had found it a long time ago. Now down to the subject at hand. I have a P4 1.7 with a intel motherboard not sure which model. It has 512mb ddr ram, GeForce 2mx 64mb, 40 GB 7200 rpm Maxtor Harddrive. I want to make it the best it can be but with a tight budget I can only add a little bit at a time. I want to start off with overclocking it which seems to be the cheapest way to upgrade it but to my knowledge it's not possible with a Intel motherboard. What motherboard would you recommend? I have a cdrom and cd-r/cd-rw writer as well. I want to start off overclocking it just a little then investing in a better cooling system and taking it from there. What do you guys think of the ABIT BH7? I've heard good thingd about it.

Last edited:
The 1.7GHz P4 is a Willamette, which isn't going to OC very well. Is that a socket 423 or 478 processor? It's probably time for a bigger upgrade than just the m/b.

Back