• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Fush Zero - Pictoral Journal of a Complete System Mod (56k beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Next thing was I wanted to minimize the size of the harness that Asetekuses to mate the compressor and condensor together.

123b.jpg

Not the Tomato.

So I used my dremel and cut the steel plate down to size. I cut off the side skirts and shortened them so that they wont stick over the L-bars of the Vapochill cases cage. I also notched out the corners so as to not hit the rivets I used to build the Vapocases cage.

283.jpg

284.jpg

Then, for some reason the metal was stained and I couldnt get the stains out. So What I did was to take 250grit sandpaper and sand down the edges while givinig the surface of the material a lengthwise sanded grain. This gave the plate a better look as well as minimize the white stains.

285.jpg

In addition I gave the plate a nice UV coating with the same UV paint and acrylic coating used earlier in this project. This definitely wont be the last time you see the UV coatings.

286.jpg

287.jpg

Post Questions/Comments here.

Last edited:
Big Mistake.

I made a big error back when I constructed the Vapochill cases frame last summer. I chose to use raw steel plate for the bottom, opting to spray a clear coating over it to prevent corrosion. Well, it didnt.

288.jpg

While testing my modified Vapochill, I had condesation on the lines and it left some nasty rust spots on the metal. So i decided to just sand it down, but that got messy real fast...

289.jpg

290.jpg

Screw that. I poped the rivets out. I'm just going to replace this piece with some aluminum like I should have used in the begining. I cant have rust anywhere on this bad boy, even if its not visible, I will know its there.

Last edited:
Good Things.

I'm kinda happy about this. Ever since I started posting this Worklog, Ive met so many cool people and talked to so many new and old modders.

As of lately, I got asked by OCModshop to write for them on the side, partly because of you guys and all the hype youve put on me (thanks guys :D).

So for the past couple weeks Ive been writing up a set of articles for OCModShop that basiclly encompases the entire worklog up to now. I was told that they will be starting to put the article set up tommorrow, Monday the 16th and then putting up other articles anually and then as I progress and get them written. So for all of you regulars to this thread, it'll be pretty redundant, but it's my first real anything thats been put onto a website, I'm excited.

Humor me and check out the Fush Zero articles on,

www.OCModShop.com

Thanks OC-Forums.

Last edited:
Well congrats on getting published.
I think that is every modders secret dream here.
To be like the greats of modding.
You are now officially one of the greats.
Good work.

furymouse

ps
I borrowed your idea for a hole in the back of the mobo tray.

The pictures will be back up soon.

My school is switching to a non-ftp based webserver, so its taking some time to allocate me enough space and get everything transfered and working.

ETA: End of the week.

Sorry.

I just got access to my webspace on our new webserver - "STORAGE01" They arent very creative with server names.

So I should have all broken links fixed by Saturday night, then some new updates this weekend.

Finally. I know, Im a jerk making you all wait this long.

Nice setup and by the color would I be right if I assumed you were a UF (gator) fan :cough Canes cough:

You've all probably noticed my abscence here for a a couple of years. I took a hiatus from the computer scene after leaving OCModShop and taking care of a personal project and finishing school.

Sorry about all of the broken pictures. I just broke into my old school storage space and grabbed all of my old pictures, so I will start fixing the links when I get some free time soon.

I may even update you guys some on how the case/components are currently. Things have changed quite a bit over a couple of years but I'm currently updating my setup some.

I'll start poking around the forums again every once and a while.

Matt.

aka Fush.

Back