• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEC vs. ViewSonic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Droban

I am looking at 19 inch CRT's and after looking at price, screen types, and refresh rates, i think im going with the NEC FE990 or the ViewSonic UltraBrite A90F+. Anyone have suggestions? Any other better monitors in that range? If you have one of these monitors please share your thoughts.

A90f+ looks like a wonderful monitor to me. .21 dot pitch and killer max resolution.

I was looking today at compUSA and the fish screen saver looked great on it.Alot better than the others imo.

Personally I use the FE990-BK and I have to say it is the best monitor I have ever seen. Text and graphics are amazingly smooth and bright. It has amazingly high refresh rates and resolutions. It runs very efficiently and is well-engineered. I would definitely recommend the NEC monitor.

n17ikh said:
Personally I use the FE990-BK and I have to say it is the best monitor I have ever seen. Text and graphics are amazingly smooth and bright. It has amazingly high refresh rates and resolutions. It runs very efficiently and is well-engineered. I would definitely recommend the NEC monitor.

Me too I would recommend that too.

Viewsonic bought Nokia about 2 Years ago, I know their quality has gone up in their new screens since then. I still use my nokia 21" (is top noch), so if some of tech was implemented from nokia they should have some of the best quality (after the mitsubishi screens that is wich possibly are the best)

Bought myself a FE990 for X-mas. Excellent monitor. Ordered mine from Gateway $236 with free shipping.

i got a FE990.... and its not a bad monitor.... but at 1280 or higher at any refresh rate, mostly the top and bottom areas of the screen jitter. Its kinda annoying in windows but for playing games or other stuff its not noticeable or it could just be interference with some stuff in my room. Another thing i noticed is that the brightness of the monitor changes as you do things, like when i open a window or when something really white appears on the screen, everything else somewhat "dims" a little. This is not noticeable unless you really look closely.

but other than that, the FE990 is a pretty good monitor, it has great refresh rates and is quite sharp compared to all my older monitors.

i just got a fe991sb, and it is the best decision i made when building up my computer...

Back